|This article on an author is a stub. You can help Wikiquote by expanding it.|
- You don't think progress goes in a straight line, do you? Do you recognize that it is an ascending. accelerating, maybe even exponential curve? It takes Hell's own time to get started, but when it goes it goes like a bomb.
- "Day Million" (1966), collected in Day Million (1970)
- Advertising reaches out to touch the fantasy part of people's lives. And you know, most people's fantasies are pretty sad.
- The Way The Future Was, (autobiography, 1978)
- There is no greater dark than the dark between the stars.
- Heechee Rendezvous (1984)