Battlestar Galactica (1978)
(Redirected from Galactica 1980)
|This TV article is a stub. You can help Wikiquote by expanding it.|
|This film article is a stub. You can help Wikiquote by expanding it.|
1978 theatrical film
- Commander Adama: Mr. President, I request permission to leave the Fleet. I have reason to suspect our home planets may face immiment attack.
- [Cylon raiders blast away the bridge of the Atlantia and portions of its bridge explode.]
- Commander Adama: Maintain contact!
- [The communication image of Adar distorts, then clears.]
- President Adar: [last words] How could I have been so completely wrong? I led the entire human race to ruin...
- [A Cylon raider blasts one of the Atlantia's anti-assault batteries and the explosion surges into the bridge, knocking out communications.]
- Commander Adama: Mr. President!
- Captain Apollo: No way those can outfight us without a ten-to-one margin.
- Lieutenant Zac: Apollo, better look at your scanner.
- [A solid wall of Cylon raiders is chasing them.]
- Captain Apollo: No, but a thousand to one, that's not fair.
- Lieutenant Zac: What does it mean?
- Captain Apollo: It means there's isn't going be any peace. There might not be much of anything if we don't warn the Fleet!
- Commander Adama: Mr. President, a wall of unidentified craft is closing in on the Fleet.
- Baltar: Possibly a Cylon welcoming committee.
- Commander Adama: Sir, might I suggest we launch a welcoming committee of our own?
- Boxey: Can I ride in your ship, sir?
- Captain Apollo: Fighter planes are no place for little boys.
- Serina: They're going to have to be if our people are going to survive. We must fight back.
- Commander Adama: Yes, we are going to fight back. But not here, not now, not in the Colonies. Not even in this star system. Let the word go forth to every man, woman and child who survived this holocaust; tell them to set sail at once in every assorted vehicle that will carry them.
- Baltar: If a handful of survivors did indeed escape, they would have neither fuel nor food for a prolonged voyage.
- Cylon Centurion: The information is not complete. It is offered in exchange for life.
- Baltar: And what is the standing order for humans from your Imperious Leader?
- Cylon Centurion: Extermination.
- Baltar: Then carry out you orders. If they exist, they're doomed.
- Lieutenant Boomer: Just keep it up, old buddy, you're going to get us into real trouble.
- Lieutenant Starbuck: Ten thousand miles from nowhere, our planets shot to pieces, people starving, and I'm gonna get us in trouble? What's the matter with you? I tell you--yeah, well, we might as well live for today; we might not have many left!
- Lieutenant Starbuck: I'm just curious about what all that excitement was about back on the barge.
- Cassiopeia: That woman is a member of the Otori sect amongst the Gemonese. They don't believe im physical contact between genders, except when sanctified by the priest during High Worship of the Sun Storm, which comes once only every seven years.
- [Starbuck is remembering a card game he was playing before the Galactica ordered battle-stations drill, which had suddenly turned into the real thing.]
- Lieutenant Starbuck: No wonders those little buggers are such good card players.
- [Admiring Starbuck's space fighter]
- Cassiopeia: It's beautiful, isn't it? It's a perfect machine, born to dance among the stars...
- Lieutenant Starbuck: Yeah, it's bumping into them that has me worried.
- Cassiopeia: Why did you volunteer, Starbuck?
- Lieutenant Starbuck: Well, somebody had to do it.
- Cassiopeia: Did Apollo make you?
- Lieutenant Starbuck: Yes...you certainly have a way of cutting through the felgercarb.
- Cassiopeia: Do you ever take that smoldering weed out of your mouth? [She kisses him.]
- Lieutenant Starbuck: I have this wonderful speech all prepared...
- Cassiopeia: About this being your last night here? About possibly not seeing another night as this one, or another girl as beautiful as I am, ever again?
- Lieutenant Starbuck: Yeah, well, that speech is a little better that the one I had. Would you mind if I borrowed it on some future occasion?
- Lieutenant Starbuck: (having been invited into a launch tube by Cassiopeia) Oh, Lord, I'll do anythin' you ask tomorrow. Just, uh...don't call an alert tonight.
- Lieutenant Boomer: What if we miss a mine?
- Captain Apollo: One of us will be the first to know.
- The Imperious Leader: Welcome, Baltar. I have grave news. A handful of Colonials prevail, but we will soon find them.
- Baltar: What of our bargain? My colony was to be spared!
- The Imperious Leader: I now alter the bargain.
- Baltar: How can you change one side of a bargain?
- The Imperious Leader: When there is no other side. You have missed the entire point of the war.
- Baltar: But I have no ambitions against you.
- The Imperious Leader: Could you think me so foolish as to trust a man who would see his own race destroyed?
- Baltar: Not destroyed--subjugated, under me!
- The Imperious Leader: There can be NO survivors. So long as one human remains alive, the Alliance is threatened.
- Baltar: Surely...you don't mean me.
- The Imperious Leader: We thank you for your help, Baltar. Your time is at an end.
- Baltar: No! You can't! You still need me! ARGH!
- [A Cylon slits Baltar's throat.]
- [Exploring the dark surface of the planet Carillon]
- Lieutenant Starbuck: I wonder this looks like in the daytime.
- Lieutenant Boomer: Hey, this is the daytime.
- Lieutenant Starbuck: Oooh...lovely.
- Cylon Centurion: Our raiders are all destroyed.
- The Imperious Leader: All destroyed? How? We took them by surprise.
- Cylon Centurion: Apparently it was not as big a surprise as we had hoped for.
1978 TV series
- Fleeing from the Cylon tyranny, the last Battlestar Galactica leads a rag-tag fugitive fleet on a lonely quest... a shining planet known as Earth.
- Commander Adama
Saga of a Star World
- How could I have been so completely wrong? I led the entire human race to ruin...
- Last words of President Adar aboard the Battlestar Atlantia, moments before its destruction