- I said I would write a introduction on one condition, that you people don't send me emails telling me liking war is a sign of unhealthiness or some psychoanalytical crap. I'm a war nerd. A backseat sergeant. I know what I am.
- I live in Fresno which is a death sentence already.
- The best war is when you can hate both sides.
- That's a 7.76mm round, you idiots, if you fire it into the air it comes to earth you know not where, like on some little kid's soft-skulled head, and that's the end of the kid. They're too stupid to even figure that much out.
- Something you have to know about the US military is that it sucks at commando raids.
- One day it was lies, lies, lies, real old-school Saigon-style lies about how everything's fine...and then wham, we take Mazar-i-Sharif and it's a toboggan ride to Kabul.
- Weapons are only weapons if you’re willing to use them.
- The whole idea in war is to fight as unfairly and disproportionately as possible.
- Border villages make great targets, because they’re not going anywhere and can’t fight back.
- The reason there IS a Turkey and there ISN'T a Kurdistan is in all of history no Kurd could ever stand by any other Kurd long enough to hold off all the hungry Arabs, Persians, Turks, Brits and other sand carnivores swimming around the Fertile Crescent.
- Kurds are what the discovery channel would call the base of the food chain in the middle east. they're born casualties, spawning in huge numbers to keep the local predators well fed. Kurds grow up brave and stupid, loyal to a little prince or chief or political hack who uses his people like poker chips to get something from one of the countries occupying Kurdish territory. and as long as you've got that fatal combination of brave, loyal and dumb, backed by a huge birth rate, you're going to see Kurds getting gobbled up like Atlantic cod. for all i know the words are even related; maybe "Kurd" is just a dried cod.