Gears of War 2
Gears of War 2 is the sequel to the game Gears of War. Developed by Epic Games, Gears of War 2 is a 2008 military sci-fi third-person shooter video game that takes place on the subterranean creature infested planet of Sera. The humans are defending the last-known civilization of Sera, Jacinto.
Chairman Richard Prescott 
- Humans are no strangers to war. After all, we've been fighting as long as we remember. War is all we know. In the past, we fought for imulsion. We fought for country. We fought for freedom. But all that changed after E-Day. For fifteen years, we've been fighting for our very survival against inhuman, genocidal monsters. But it is a fight we cannot continue. Humanity faces extinction, unless we end this war now. We had hoped the Lightmass bombing would decimate the Locust Horde. But they survived. And have returned, stronger than ever. They've brought with them a force that can sink entire cities. Even Jacinto, our last beacon of hope through all these dark days, is now at risk. Soon we'll have nothing left to defend. And that means we have only one option: attack.
- Myrra: You're the first humans to ever desecrate this palace with your presence...
- Dominic Santiago: It's her.
- Myrra: ...and I assure you, will most certainly be the last.
- Damon Baird: THAT'S the Locust Queen?
- Augustus Cole: I thought she was supposed to be butt ugly.
- Augustus Cole: [Taking out a number of Locust with ease] Nobody plays this game like me - nobody!
- Dominic Santiago: Cole!
- Augustus Cole: In the flesh, baby!
- Marcus Fenix: [Bashing his rifle against Cole's] Thanks for the assist Cole.
- Augustus Cole: Yeah, you got it.
- Marcus Fenix: ...Where's the rest of your squad?
- Augustus Cole: [Dangling a fistful of COG tags] Here's the rest of my squad.