|This article on an author is a stub. You can help Wikiquote by expanding it.|
Campaigning for Austerity (2005-02-03)
- Nobody ever rioted for austerity.
- Faced with a choice between the survival of the planet and a new set of matching tableware, most people would choose the tableware.
Heat - How to Stop the Planet From Burning (2006-10-17)
- We are the most fortunate generation that has ever lived. And we are the most fortunate generation that ever will.
The Age of Consent
Everything has been globalised, except our consent. Democracy alone has been confined to the nation state. It stands at the border, suitcase in hand, without a passport.
- No political challenge can be met by shopping.
The Self-Attribution Fallacy
- If wealth was the inevitable result of hard work and enterprise, every woman in Africa would be a millionaire
- Here then is a message to all those editors, reviewers, executives and ministers whom I have not yet offended. Kindly boil your heads.
- Tell people something they know already and they will thank you for it. Tell them something new and they will hate you for it.
- People don't riot for austerity; they riot because they want more, not less. We have to riot for less.
- Your freedom to swing your fist ends where my nose begins.