(Redirected from Gilmore, John)
John Gilmore is an American computer science innovator, Libertarian, Internet activist, and one of the founders of Electronic Frontier Foundation. He created the alt.* hierarchy in Usenet and is a major contributor to the GNU project.
|This scientist article is a stub. You can help Wikiquote by expanding it.|
- The Net interprets censorship as damage and routes around it.
- As quoted in TIME magazine (6 December 1993)
- Unsourced variant:
- The Net treats censorship as a defect and routes around it.
- How many of you have broken no laws this month?
- As quoted in a speech to the First Conference on Computers, Freedom, and Privacy in 1991
- If you're watching everybody, you're watching nobody.
- When the X500 revolution comes, your name will be lined against the wall and shot.
- As quoted in Peter Gutmann's X509 style guide