Girls (TV series)
Girls (2012–present) is a television series on HBO created by Lena Dunham which premiered on April 15, 2012. The series revolves around the lives of four girls in their mid-20s, Hannah (Lena Dunham), Marnie (Allison Williams), Jessa (Jemima Kirke), and Shoshanna (Zosia Mamet).
- Hannah Horvath: [to her parents] I don't want to freak you out, but I think that I may be the voice of my generation. Or at least, a voice of a generation.
- Hannah: Didn't you say that texting was the lowest form of communication on the pillar of chat?
- Marine: The totem of chat. No, the lowest, that would be Facebook, following by gchat, then texting, then email, then phone. Face to face is of course ideal, but it's not of this time.
Hard Being Easy [1.5]
- Hannah: Okay I don't wanna split hairs here, but it's not a journal, it's a notebook. It's notes for a book.
- Ray: I don't like it when you assfucked my best friend in the heart.
- Marnie: What are you like in love with him?
- Ray: More than you are!
The Return [1.6]
- Hannah Horvath: [to herself] You are from New York, therefore you are just naturally interesting. Okay? It is not up to you to fill all of the pauses. You are not in danger of mortifying yourself. The worst stuff that you say, sounds better than the best stuff that some other people say.
Welcome to Bushwick a.k.a. The Crackcident [1.7]
- Jessa: [to Shoshanna] Are you alright?
- Shoshanna: I think so, I'm really, really high, like out of my mind high, I smoked some pot in line to the bathroom which is so dirty - do not go in there unless it's an emerg - with these guys in line to the bathroom and they gave me some pot out of a pipe - but it was this stem - it was stem, it was a stem.
- Ray: [to Jessa] I don't think she's high on marijuana. [to Shoshanna] Was it a crack stem?
- Shoshanna : No.
- Ray: Did you smoke crack? Little white rocks?
- Shoshanna : No! It was a glass cigarette and I'm high and my ears feel like popping, do you ears feel like popping?
- Jessa Johansson: Look at me - you smoked crack. You smoked some crack.
- Shoshanna : [pause] Oh my God, don't tell my mom. Don't even tell me. I matriculated from NYU and I just smoked crack, what's going to happen?
- Jessa : You're going to be fine. crack can be really fun, under the right circumstances, and it only lasts a little while and I'll take care of you. I will be your crack spirit guide.
Weirdos Need Girlfriends Too [1.8]
- Jessa: You look... really gorgeous. I love you all stripped down.
- Marnie: I've never been as miserable in my life.
- Jessa: It's totally working.
Leave Me Alone [1.9]
- Jessa: I was only attracted to him for, like, several minutes when I first met him, but I'm attracted to everyone when I first meet them. And then it wore off. It always wears off.
- Jessa Johansson: Your boyfriend should kill himself. You deserve it.
She Did [1.10]
- Adam Driver: Holding on to toxic relationships is what keeps us from growing.
On All Fours [2.9]
- Natalia: I'm ready to have sex now.
- Hannah: You're here.
- Adam: Well, I was always here.
- Lena Dunham - Hannah Horvath
- Allison Williams - Marnie Michaels
- Jemima Kirke - Jessa Johansson
- Zosia Mamet - Shoshanna Shapiro