Halloween (1978 film)
(Redirected from Halloween (film))
Dr. Sam Loomis 
- I met him fifteen years ago. I was told there was nothing left. No reason, no, uh, conscience, no understanding and even the most rudimentary sense of life or death, of good or evil, right or wrong. I met this six year old child with this blank, pale, emotionless face, and the blackest eyes, the devil's eyes. I spent eight years trying to reach him and then another seven trying to keep him locked up because I realized that what was living behind that boy's eyes was purely and simply evil...He's been here once tonight. I think he'll come back. I'm gonna wait for him.
- Dr. Loomis: Ever done anything like this before?
- Marion Chambers: Only minimum security.
- Dr. Loomis: I see.
- Marion Chambers: The only thing I can't stand is their gibberish... how they keep ranting on and on.
- Dr. Loomis: You haven't anything to worry about. He hasn't spoken a word in 15 years.
- Marion Chambers: Are there any special instructions?
- Dr. Loomis: Just try and understand what we're dealing with here. Don't underestimate it.
- Marion Chambers: Don't you think we could refer to it as him?
- Dr. Loomis: If you say so.
- Marion Chambers: Your compassion's overwhelming, doctor. You're serious about it, aren't you?
- Dr. Loomis: Yeah.
- Marion Chambers: You mean you actually never want him to get out?
- Dr. Loomis: Never, ever. Never.
- Marion Chambers: Then why are we taking him up to Hardin County if you're just gonna lock...
- Dr. Loomis: Because that is the law.
- Annie: [looking behind a bush for the stranger Laurie saw] Hey creep! [coyly] Laurie dear, he wants to talk to you. He wants to take you out tonight.
- Laurie: He was standing right there.
- Annie: Poor Laurie. Scared another one away. It's tragic. You never go out. You must have a small fortune stashed from baby-sitting so much.
- Laurie: Guys think I'm too smart.
- Annie: I don't. I think you're wacko. Now you see men behind bushes.
- Graveyard Keeper: Yeah, you know every town has something like this happen... I remember over in Russellville, old Charlie Bowles, about fifteen years ago... One night, he finished dinner, and he excused himself from the table. He went out to the garage, and got himself a hacksaw. Then he went back into the house, kissed his wife and his two children goodbye, and then he proceeded to...
- Dr. Loomis: Where are we?
- Graveyard Keeper: Eh? Oh, it's, uh, right over here... [they see the headstone for Judith Myers is missing] Why do they do it? Goddamn kids! They'll do anything for Halloween.
- Dr. Loomis: He came home!
- Sheriff Brackett: Every kid in Haddonfield thinks this place is haunted.
- Dr. Loomis: They may be right. [After noticing something in the beam of the flashlight] Look!
- Sheriff Brackett: What? What is that?
- Dr. Loomis: It's a dog.
- Sheriff Brackett: It's still warm.
- Dr. Loomis: He got hungry.
- Sheriff Brackett: ...It coulda been a skunk.
- Dr. Loomis: Could have, huh?
- Sheriff Brackett: A man wouldn't do that.
- Dr. Loomis: This isn't a man!
- Sheriff Brackett: I have a feeling that you're way off on this.
- Dr. Loomis: You have the wrong feeling.
- Sheriff Brackett: You're not doing very much to prove me wrong!
- Dr. Loomis: What more do you need?
- Sheriff Brackett: Well, it's going to take a lot more than fancy talk to keep me up all night crawling around these bushes.
- Dr. Loomis: I watched him for fifteen years, sitting in a room staring at a wall, not seeing the wall, looking past the wall, looking at this night, inhumanly patient, waiting for some secret, silent alarm to trigger him off. Death has come to your little town, Sheriff. You can either ignore it or you can help me to stop it.
- Sheriff Brackett: More fancy talk.
- Tommy: What about the boogeyman?
- Laurie: There's no such thing.
- Tommy: Richie said he was coming after me tonight.
- Laurie: Do you believe everything Richie tells you?
- Tommy: No.
- Laurie: On Halloween night, it's when people play tricks on each other. It's all make-believe. I think Richie was just trying to scare you.
- Tommy: I saw the boogeyman. I saw him outside.
- Laurie: There was nobody outside.
- Tommy: There was!
- Laurie: What did he look like?
- Tommy: The boogeyman.
- Laurie: We're not gettin' anywhere. All right, the boogey man can only come out on Halloween night, right?...Well, I'm here tonight and I'm not about to let anything happen to you.
- Tommy: Promise?
- Laurie: Promise.
- Tommy: Was it the boogeyman?
- Lindsey: I'm scared!
- Laurie: There's nothing to be scared of, now get changed.
- Tommy: Are you sure? How?
- Laurie: I killed him...
- Tommy: You can't kill the boogeyman!
- Laurie: [after Michael falls off the balcony] It was the boogeyman.
- Dr. Loomis: As a matter of fact... it was.
- The Night HE Came Home!
- HE came home for HALLOWEEN.
- Everyone is entitled to one good scare
- Trick or treat... or die
- Let's celebrate the horror
- Happy Halloween!
- The Trick Is To Stay Alive!
- Donald Pleasence - Dr. Sam Loomis
- Jamie Lee Curtis - Laurie Strode
- Nancy Loomis - Annie Brackett
- P.J. Soles - Lynda van der Klok
- Charles Cyphers - Sheriff Leigh Brackett
- Kyle Richards - Lindsey Wallace
- Brian Andrews - Tommy Doyle
- John Michael Graham - Bob Simms
- Nancy Stephens - Marion Chambers
- Tony Moran - Michael Myers (age 21)
- Nick Castle - The Shape
- Sandy Johnson - Judith Myers