(Redirected from Hellboy)
- I hate those comic books. They never get the eyes right.
- (to Sammael) Listen, Sammy, I'm not a very good shot, but the Samaritan here uses really big bullets. So what do you say we work this out in a nice, peaceful...? (Sammael runs off) Oh, crap.
- Waiting for me, chunk-face?
- (breaking Sammael's lower jaw) OPEN WIDE!
- I'm fireproof. You're not.
- Didn't I kill you already? You goddamned monster!
- You missed!
- How big can it be?
- Damn! Would you please be a little more careful?
- Gonna be sore in the morning.
- (Watching Meyers and Liz) No cream and milk, moron. She takes it black. Told ya! Wait, she took his picture! DAMN!
- Hey, Myers, you're a talker. What's a good word, a solid word for "need"?
- (to Kroenen) You killed my father! Your ass is mine!
FBI Agent John Myers 
- Hellboy. He's real!
- Are you gonna be okay? Alone?
Liz Sherman 
- I'm learning to control it. I'm learning where it comes from. For the first time in my life, I'm not afraid.
- I don't like the term firestarter. I just don't.
- (to John as she ignites her powers) You should be running.
Professor Bruttenholm 
- What is it that makes a man a man? Is it his origins — the way things start? Or is it something else, something harder to describe?
- The Nazis were desperate. Combining science and black magic, they intended to upset the balance of the war.
- Abe possesses a unique frontal lobe. Unique — that is a word you'll hear frequently around here.
- As you entered the lobby there was an inscription: "In the absence of light, darkness prevails." (In Absentia Luci, Tenebrae Vincunt). There are things that go bump in the night, Agent Myers. Make no mistake about that. And we are the ones who bump back.
Abe Sapien 
- Abe Sapien: (about his Rubik's cube) Listen, I'm not much of a problem solver. Three decades... and I've only completed two sides.
- Nazi General: Five years of construction and research, Grigori. Five years! The Fuhrer doesn't look kindly on failure!
- Grigori Rasputin: There will be no failure, General. I promised Herr Hitler a miracle. I'll deliver one! What I do tonight, can never be undone! I will open a portal, and awaken the Ogdru Jahad- the Seven Gods of Chaos! Our enemies shall be destroyed, and from the ashes...a new Eden will arise.
- Abe Sapien: Behind this door — a dark entity, evil, ancient, and hungry.
- Hellboy: Oh, well. Let me go in and say hi.
- John Myers: What the hell is that thing?
- Hellboy: (Peels off a tentacle latched to his arm) Let me go ask.
- Hellboy [being hit on the head with a fire extinguisher]: Hey! I'm on your side!
- Train conductor: Sure! [hits him on the head again]
- Professor Bruttenholm: In medieval stories, there is often a young knight who is inexperienced, but pure of heart.
- John Myers: Oh, come on. I am not pure of heart.
- Abe Sapien: (who's psychic) Yes, you are.
- Professor Bruttenholm: Rasputin is back for him. What I'm asking of you is to have the courage to stand by him when I am gone. He was born a demon; we can't change that. But you will help him, in essence, to become a man.
- John Myers: Miss Sherman? Can I call you Liz? It's a beautiful name.
- Liz Sherman: 60 percent of the women in the world are named Liz.
- John Myers: Well, it's impressive by my standards. My name's John. John T. Myers. Dr. Bruttenholm asked me to invite you back to the Bureau.
- It's not — It's not what you think. Plus, you're nine. You're too young to be giving me advice.
- Liz Sherman: In the dark I heard your voice, what did you say?
- Hellboy: I said, "Hey, you, on the other side - let her go. Because for her I will cross over, and then you'll be sorry."
(Holding a corpse by a noose over his shoulder)
- Hellboy: This is Ivan Klimatovich. Say hi, Ivan.
- Ivan Klimatovich: (In Russian) Go that way, Red Monkey!
- Hellboy: (Carrying the torso of the re-animated corpse over his shoulder) How you doing back there, Ivan?
- Ivan Klimatovich: (In Russian) If I still had legs, I'd kick your ass!
- Hellboy: (To fellow agent) Could you hold this guy for a while? He is so negative.
- Ivan Klimatovich: (Last words, in Russian) I was better off dead!
- Professor Bruttenholm: (Opening Narration) What is it that makes a man a man? Is it his origins, the way things start. Or is it something else, something harder to describe? For me it all began in 1944, classified mission off the coast of Scotland. The Nazis were desperate. Combining science and black magic they intended to upset the balance of the war. I was 28, already a paranormal advisor to President Roosevelt. I could never have suspected that what would transpire that night would not only effect the course of history but change my life forever.
- John Myers: (Closing Narration) What makes a man a man? A friend of mine once wondered. Is it his origins? The way he comes to life? I don't think so. It's the choices he makes. Not how he starts things, but how he decides to end them.
- Professor Bruttenholm: (Talking to John Myers about the history of Bureau of Paranormal Research and Defense) 1937: Hitler joins the Thule Society, a group of German aristocrats obsessed with the occult. In 1938, he acquired the spear of Longinus, which pierced the side of Christ. He who holds it becomes invincible. Hitler's power increases tenfold. 1943: President Roosevelt decides to fight back. The Bureau of Paranormal Research and Defense is born. 1958: the Occult Wars finally come to an end with the death of Adolf Hitler.
- John Myers: (Stops walking for a moment, pausing in thought) 1945, you mean. Hitler died in '45.
- Professor Bruttenholm: (Amused) Did he now?
- Hellboy official site
- Hellboy quotes at the Internet Movie Database
- Hellboy at Rotten Tomatoes
- Hellboy at Metacritic
- Hellboy film official site
- The Doug Jones Experience Hellboy film page
- Hellboy at FLAREgamer
- Detailed Comparison between Theatrical release (PG-13) and Director's Cut
- The Hellboy Archive