- We humans . . . have always only partially governed the world, and most of the time very badly. . . . We have never governed it in total peace.
- The mediocrity of all three governments [United States, Germany, Japan] can be no excuse for spending more time complaining about one another than recognizing their own deficiencies. Even mediocre people can shoulder responsibility.
- Quoted in the article The Search for Solutions, Awake! magazine August 8, 1989.
- We don’t talk to each other enough, neither married couples, nor parents with their children, nor friends among themselves, … We have become more and more speechless, and that frightens me.
- Quoted in the article Watching the World, Awake! magazine, August 8, 1978.