Hotel Rwanda is a 2004 film about a Hutu who is the manager of a hotel in Kigali, Rwanda during the 1994 genocide. While striving to protect his family and hundreds of Tutsi refugees from the Hutu mass-murderers, he faces an additional struggle to overcome international indifference to the country's plight.
Paul Rusesabagina 
- The United Nations are here now. The world press are watching. The peace has been signed. Let this process work.
- Tatiana, all day I work to please this officer, diplomat, or some other guests to store up favors so if there is a time we need help I have powerful people I can call upon.
- These days, I have not time for rallies or politics.
- There will be no rescue, no intervention force. We can only save ourselves. Many of you know influential people abroad, you must call these people. You must tell them what will happen to us... say goodbye. But when you say goodbye, say it as though you are reaching through the phone and holding their hand. Let them know that if they let go of that hand, you will die. We must shame them into sending help.
Colonel Oliver 
- We're here as peace keepers, not peace makers.
George Rutaganda 
- [first lines, voiceover] When people ask me, good listeners, why do I hate all the Tutsi, I say, "Read our history." The Tutsi were collaborators for the Belgian colonists, they stole our Hutu land, they whipped us. Now they have come back, these Tutsi rebels. They are cockroaches. They are murderers. Rwanda is our Hutu land. We are the majority. They are a minority of traitors and invaders. We will squash this infestation. We will wipe out the RPF rebels. This is RTLM, Hutu power radio. Stay alert. Watch your neighbours.
- Politics is power Paul, Hutu power, and government.
but what does that mean\
- Jack: [walking towards the bus carrying all the whites who are leaving Rwanda while the blacks are left behind] Oh, God, I'm so ashamed!
- Pat Archer: [relating the last words of the orphan slain by the Hutus] Please don't let them kill me. I... I promise I won't be Tutsi anymore.
- Colonel Oliver: You should spit in my face.
- Paul: Excuse me, Colonel?
- Colonel Oliver: You’re dirt. We think you’re dirt, Paul.
- Paul: Who is we?
- Colonel Oliver: The West. All the super powers. Everything you believe in, Paul. They think you’re dirt. They think you’re dumb. You’re worthless.
- Paul: I am afraid I don't understand what you are saying, sir.
- Colonel Oliver: Oh, come on, Paul, you're the smartest man here. You got 'em all eating out of your hands. You could own this frigging hotel, except for one thing. You're black. You're not even a nigger. You're an African. They’re not going to stay, Paul. They’re not going to stop this slaughter.
- Paul: [of the Tutsi] You cannot seriously think that you can kill them all.
- George: And why not? We are halfway there already.
- Paul: How can they not do anything? Don't they care?
- Jack: I think that when people turn on their TVs and see this footage, they'll say, "Oh my God, that's horrible," and then they'll go back to eating their dinners.
- Don Cheadle — Paul Rusesabagina
- Nick Nolte — Colonel Oliver
- Hakeem Kae-Kazim — George Rutaganda
- Desmond Dube — Dube
- Cara Seymour — Pat Archer
- Joaquin Phoenix — Jack Daglish