- "Ek hygg þat hégóma at trúa á goð."
- Translation: "I think it is folly to have faith in gods." - Hrafnkell Freysgoði
- "Mörgum mundi betr þykkja skjótr dauði en slíkar hrakningar, en mér mun fara sem mörgum öðrum, at lífit mun ek kjósa, ef kostr er." - Hrafnkell Freysgoði
- Translation: "Many would prefer a quick death to such misfortune but I will do as many others and choose life if it is an option."
- "Eigi mun ek flýja undan þeim mönnum, er ek hefi ekki til miska gört." - Eyvindr Bjarnason
- Translation: "I will not run away from men to whom I have done no harm."
- "Því verðr engi uppreist yðar ungra manna, at yðr vex allt í augu." - Þorbjörn
- Translation: "The reason you young men don't get anywhere is that everything seems like such a big deal to you."