Insurgent is narrated by Beatrice "Tris" Prior.
Quotes from Insurgent
- One choice can destroy you
- Front cover
- Tobias Eaton is a powerful name.
- p. 137
- "Christina", I say, but the only words I can think of—I'm sorry—sound more like an insult than an apology. Sorry is what you are when you bump someone with your elbow, what you are when you interrupt someone. I am more than sorry.
- p. 152
- I think we cry to release the animal parts of us without losing our hunanity. Because inside me is a beast that snarls and growls, and strains toward freedom, toward Tobias, and above all, toward life. And as hard as I try, I cannot kill it.
So I sob into my hands instead.
- p. 341
- I'm going to die tomorrow, It has been a long time since I felt certainty about anything, so this feels like a gift. Tonight, nothing. Tomorrow, whatever comes after life.
- p. 379
- I look around. We are inside the incinerator, which would be completely dark if not for the lines of light glowing in the shape of a small door on the other side. The floor is solid metal in some places and metal grating in others. Everything smells like rotting garbage and fire.
"Don't say I never took you anywhere nice," Peter says.
"Wouldn't dream of it," I say.
- p. 389–390
- "Got that gun?" Peter says to Tobias.
"No," says Tobias, "I figured I would shoot the bullets out of my nostrils, so I left it upstairs.
- p. 390
- Roth, Veronica (2012). Insurgent. Katherine Tegen Books. ISBN 978-0-06-202404-6.