Jack Frost is a 1979 television special, one of the Rankin-Bass stop-motion classics, where Pardon-Me-Pete, the famous groundhog of Groundhog Day, tells the story of Jack Frost, and the one time he became human. Jack falls for a girl named Elisa, and as the tailor Jack Snip, he must fight the evil Kubla Krause to save Elisa and the town of January Junction.
|This film article is a stub. You can help Wikiquote by expanding it.|
- Pardon me?
- (singing) I got a day named after me, February 2.
That's the day that I decide what the weather's gonna do.
- Think of a snowstorm as a Kingdom of the Winter Clouds. And the king of all winter, is Father Winter himself.
- (singing) The happiness of being me is not what it's cracked up to be. It's lonely being one of a kind.
- Greetings, Snow Gypsies! Salutations, Sleet Sisters! Hail, Hail Fellow!
- (after defeating Kubla Krause and kicking him out of his castle) I- I guess this counts as a house. Uh-oh! (Clankstomper enters, then lets Jack pet him) I guess I have a horse, too! Look! Gold! Enough for 100 bags! Now there's just one more thing I need.
- Oh... time. Give me time, Jack. A century or two to think it over.
- Very well. You have until the first stroke of spring. If, in that time you have obtained the necessary items needed to make a life: a house to warm you, a horse to bear you, a bag of gold to sustain you, and a wife, to make it all worth the while, then you will be truly human, and may remain so, with my blessing, forever.
- (after Jack asks how he knows if Spring is coming early) I look to a little groundhog.
- Elisa: You certainly are clumsy on ice.
- Jack Frost: Me? Clumsy on ice?!?
- Dommie: Hello.
- Elisa: Well, hello, little fella!
- Dommie: And how is the New Year's bride?
- Elisa: I'm not a New Year's bride, silly!
- Kubla Krause: That's what YOU think!!!!
- Kubla Krause: Dommie, who you like better, me or Frost?
- Dommie: Oh, you, Kubla! He's got cold fingers...
- Jack, Snip, Holly, Elisa, Mama, Papa: It's just what I always wanted, it's perfectly right.
It's just what I always wanted, a Christmas delight!
- Buddy Hackett - Pardon-Me-Pete
- Robert Morse - Jack Frost
- Debra Clinger - Elisa
- Paul Frees - Kubla Krause
- Don Messick - Snip