Janet Damita Jo Jackson (born May 16, 1966) is an African-American R&B/pop singer, actress and the younger sister of Michael Jackson. She started her performing career at age seven, and went on to become one of the best-selling artists in contemporary music.
- To you, Michael is an icon. To us, Michael is family and he will forever live in our hearts. On behalf of my family and myself, thank you for all of your love, thank you for all of your support. We miss him so much. Thank you so much.
- 2009 BET Awards
- Acceptance is right. Kindness is right. Love is right. I pray, right now, that we're moving into a kinder time when prejudice is overcome by understanding; when narrow-mindedness, and narrow-minded bigotry is overwhelmed by open-hearted empathy; when the pain of judgmentalism is replaced by the purity of love.
- Acceptance speech of a humanitarian award from the Human Rights Campaign, June 2005[specific citation needed]
Janet Jackson (1982)
Dream Street (1984)
- You ought to be thankful for the little things
But little things are all you seem to give
You're always putting off what we can do today
Soap opera says you've got one life to live
Who's right, who's wrong?
- I'm not a prude, I just want some respect (that's right)
So close the door if you want me to respond
Cause privacy is my middle name
My last name is control
No, my first name ain't baby
It's Janet — Ms. Jackson, if you're nasty
Rhythm Nation (1989)
- Seeing that your love's true.
Never I'll doubt you.
My heart belongs to you.
That's alright with me.
Worlds could end around me.
So in love that I can't see.
You and me were meant to be.
That's alright with me.
- Like a moth to a flame
Burned by the fire.
My love is blind
Can't you see my desire?
The Velvet Rope (1997)
- I feel asleep late last night
Cryin like a newborn child
Holdin myself close
Pretendin my arms are yours
I want no one but you
All for You (2001)
- My love for you is unconditional love too
Gotta get up, get out, get up, get out, get up
And show you that it
- Relax... it's just sex.
- I don't know if I've ever felt like this before
But I'm sure that the way I feel, I don't want it to go
'Cuz I've cried my share of tears
And I've sang my share of blues
But to keep you over here, I'll do what I got to do
- Call on Me, song by Jermaine Dupri, Johnta Austin, James Phillips, Nelly, James Harris III, and Terry Lewis
- So here's my demonstration
A peep show
Tonight my body's an exhibition baby
Though it's on display don't be scared to
Touch It, It said so
So come and get it babe
- Feedback, song by Rodney Jerkins, Dernst Emile, LaShawn Daniels, and Tasleema Yasin