|This Actor article is a stub. You can help Wikiquote by expanding it.|
- On why he continued pursuing ballet despite the mockery: "The other boys called me 'poof,' 'ballerina boy,' "Get on your tutu, Jamie." It gave me more determination to prove it wasn't just for girls. It was for boys as well."
- On winning awards, after he won the BAFTA award: "It's just an award, although it is a big one. It is no good getting too big-headed. I've been very busy and I'm very tired. I've been given advice, you know, on speech-making and things like that. It's kind of weird that the other guys didn't win because they're such big guys."
- "It's true that most British movies are emotional and I agree that most American actors look manufactured. It's a shame."
- "Ballet is very hard. It takes a lot of practice to get to a certain standard. You have to know a lot about the steps because when you take examinations, they'll ask you all about it."
- "Billy Elliot got that R-rating because of the swearing. But it wouldn't be what it was without the swearing; kids need to swear."
- "You probably won't see me dance in the movies again unless there's a 'Moulin Rouge 2' or 'Chicago Returns'."
- "I hate maths. I can't stand it. Circumferences of circles and stuff - it's horrible."