- Celtic jerseys are not for second best, They don't shrink to fit inferior players.
- I don't believe everything Bill tells me about his players. Had they been that good, they'd not only have won the European Cup but the Ryder Cup, the Boat Race and even the Grand National.
- We did it by playing football. Pure, beautiful, inventive football.
- Lisbon, 1967 (after winning the European Cup) 
- Football is nothing without fans.
- If I had the choice to sign either a Catholic or Protestant, I'd take the Protestant because Rangers wouldn't take the Catholic. (talking about Rangers F.Cs sectarian signing policy).
- There should be a law against him. He knows what's happening 20 minutes before everyone else.
- On Bobby Moore.