John N. Mitchell
(Redirected from John Mitchell)
|This political figure or monarch article is a stub. You can help Wikiquote by expanding it.|
- You will be better advised to watch what we do instead of what we say.
- Remarks (overheard by reporters) in July 1969 after meeting with a group of black civil rights workers, who protested the Administration's action on the Voting Rights Act of 1965; reported in The Washington Post, "Watch What We Do," editorial (July 7, 1969), p. A22.
- The conservation movement is a breeding ground of Communists and other subversives. We intend to clean them out, even if it means rounding up every bird watcher in the country.
- It's good to be back in Alabama.
- Said on arriving in Alabama to begin serving a sentence in the federal prison for obstruction of justice.
- All that crap, you're putting it in the paper? It's all been denied. Katie Graham's gonna get her tit caught in a big fat wringer if that's published. Good Christ! That's the most sickening thing I ever heard.