John the Evangelist
John the Evangelist was a disciple of Jesus and is supposed as author of some books of the New Testament.
In the beginning was the Word,
and the Word was with God,
and the Word was God.
He was in the beginning with God;
all things were made through him, and without him was not anything made that was made.
In him was life, and the life was the light of men.
The light shines in the darkness, and the darkness has not overcome it.
- in John 1:1-5 as quoted in www.ewtn.com
- Do not be amazed at this, for the hour is coming in which all those in the memorial tombs will hear his voice and come out, those who did good things to a resurrection of life, and those who practiced vile things to a resurrection of judgment.
- And I will ask the Father and he will give you another helper to be with you forever, 17 the spirit of the truth, which the world cannot receive, because it neither sees it nor knows it. You know it, because it remains with you and is in you.
- This means everlasting life, their coming to know you, the only true God, and the one whom you sent, Jesus Christ.
- Now Jesus did many other signs in the presence of the disciples, which are not written in this book; but these are written that you may believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God, and that believing you may have life in his name.
- in John 20:30-31 as quoted in www.ewtn.com
First Letter of John Apostle
- But whoever has the material possessions of this world and sees his brother in need and yet refuses to show him compassion, in what way does the love of God remain in him? Little children, we should love, not in word or with the tongue, but in deed and truth.
- Whoever does not love has not come to know God, because God is love.
- No man hath seen God at any time. If we love one another, God dwelleth in us, and his love is perfected in us. He that loveth not knoweth not God; for God is love.
- in 1 John 4:12
- There is no fear in love; but perfect love casteth out fear: because fear hath torment. He that feareth is not made perfect in love.
- in 1 John 4:18
Third Letter of John Apostle
- So we ought to support such men, that we may be fellow workers in the truth.
- in 3 John 1:8 as quoted in www.ewtn.com
- Who will not really fear you, Jehovah, and glorify your name, because you alone are loyal?