Jon Llewellyn Kyl (born April 25, 1942) is the United States junior senator for the state of Arizona, where he has served since 1995. He has announced he will not seek reelection when his term concludes in 2013.
- You don't have to go to Planned Parenthood to get your cholesterol or your blood pressure checked. If you want an abortion, you go to Planned Parenthood, and that's well over 90% of what Planned Parenthood does.
- Senate floor, 2011-04-08
- "Jon Kyl Tweets Not Intended to Be Factual Statements", Colbert Nation, 15 April 2011, retrieved on 2011-04-15
- According to Planned Parenthood, abortion makes up 3% of their health services.
About Jon Kyl 
- His remark was not intended to be a factual statement, but rather to illustrate that Planned Parenthood, a organization that receives millions of dollars in taxpayer funding, does subsidize abortions.
- Statement from Jon Kyl's office to CNN, regarding his 2011-04-08 statement in the Senate that abortion is "well over 90% of what Planned Parenthood does"
- "Kyl Walks Back Planned Parenthood Claim: It ‘Was Not Intended To Be A Factual Statement’", ThinkProgress, 8 April 2011, retrieved on 2011-04-15