|This political figure or monarch article is a stub. You can help Wikiquote by expanding it.|
- If you asked her (Margaret Thatcher) about Sinai, she would probably think it was the plural for sinus.
- Quoted in James Prior, A Balance of Power (1986), p.107
- If it falls to me to start a fight to cut out the cancer of bent and twisted journalism in our country with the simple sword of truth and the trusty shield of British fair play, so be it.
- Criticising press reports that he had violated the ministerial code of conduct; he later started a libel trial, which ended in his conviction for perjury.
- 10 April 1995; quoted in The Oxford Dictionary of Modern Quotations, 3rd ed., 2007, p.6
- As far as the physical miseries go, I am sure I will cope. I lived at Eton in the 1950s and I know all about life in uncomfortable quarters.
- On how he might cope with prison. Quoted in Daily Express, 19 January 1999
- It's a fairly unique position; to hace been in charge of prison funding and then to have been an inmate. I wish I'd been more generous.
- Quoted in The Times, 3 June 2000
Quotes about Aitken
- He lied and lied and lied.
- Of his conviction for perjury; The Guardian, 21 June 1997