Joseph: King of Dreams
Joseph: King of Dreams is a DreamWorks direct-to-video drama film based on the story of Joseph in chapters 37-50 of the Book of Genesis in the bible. Joseph: King of Dreams is directed by Rob LaDuca and by Robert C. Ramirez. It is a prequel of sorts, to The Prince of Egypt, also by DreamWorks. Jeffrey Katzenberg is executive producer, as he was for The Prince of Egypt.
- Rachel: We are family. All of us. If we break apart, we'll have nothing left.
- Jacob: Because you are a miracle child. For you, things are different.
[referring to Jospeh's dream]
- Simeon: Yes, who did the wolf get this time?
- Joseph: You can laugh, but this time it was about all of YOU.
- Judah: Oh, please. You must tell us our future, great Joseph.
- Simeon: Should I be scared?
- Joseph: I've had enough of this stupid game!
- Joseph: You think this is funny? Well, father won't be laughing when he hears... who are you?
- Asenath: [giggling] I don't think you want my aunt seeing you like this... that's better.
- Joseph: The three vines signify three days. In three days, Pharaoh will bring you back to the place, a free man.
- Butler: If only it were true.
- Joseph: It is true. And when you're free, tell Pharaoh about my gift. Please, promise me.
- Pharaoh: I'm told you only need to hear a dream and you can explain it.
- Joseph: Not me, Your Excellecy. The explanation comes from God.
- Judah: Because I will not make my father suffer... again.
- Joseph: Will you forgive me, for thinking I was some miracle from God?
- Judah: But you are a miracle. God sent you to save our family and all of Egypt. And you did.
- Rachel: Jacob, even God rested on the seventh day. He'll find his future soon enough. Let him be with his brothers.
[when Joseph wants to help with the sheep]
- Issachar: Wait, you have to be very careful. You might cut your hands on the soft fur.
- Joseph: [playfully] Get away!
[the rest of Joseph's brothers laugh]
- Jacob: This is how you take charge? I trusted you to watch after Joseph. But you abandoned my son, *my son!*
- Judah: Aren't we your sons too?
- Potiphar: You there! Have you cleaned this entire courtyard by yourself?
- Joseph: Yes.
- Potiphar's Wife: He's a hard worker.
[whispering to Potiphar]
- Potiphar's Wife: Maybe we could put him to better use at the banquet hall.
- Potiphar: My wife thinks you should work for her. What do you say?
- Joseph: I cannot say. A slave is not his own master.
- Potiphar: Well said.