Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge
(Redirected from Kate Middleton)
Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge (born Catherine Elizabeth Middleton on 9 January 1982), often called Kate, is the wife of Prince William, Duke of Cambridge, their marriage having occured on 29 April 2011.
Quotes Before Marriage
- He's so lucky to be going out with me.
- No, I had the Levis guy on my wall, not a picture of William, sorry.
- By far the best dressing up outfit I ever had was a wonderful pair of clown dungarees, which my Granny made.
- There's no one quite like William - I bet he's really kind. You can just tell by looking at him.
- I don't know if I have a favorite color.
First post-engagement interview (2010)
- I think if you do go out with someone for quite a long time you do get to know each other very, very well. You go through the good times, you go through the bad times, both personally and within a relationship as well.
- I think, the people around home are very supportive to us and those are the people who really matter to us, our close friends and close family and I think if they feel you are doing the right thing you can only be true to yourself and you sort of have to ignore a lot of what's said, obviously take it on board, but you have to be yourself really and that's how I have stuck by it really.
- I really hope I can make a difference, even in the smallest way. I am looking forward to helping as much as I can.
- I have this nervousness of being in front of the camera ... It has been difficult, I suppose, going from a very normal life to sort of managing everything that happened after the wedding.
Quotes after Marriage
- A huge amount still needs to be done. At the moment hundreds of children are still malnourished.
- I hope we will be able to have a happy family ourselves.
- I find doing speeches nerve wrecking.
- I think I know I've been working very hard for the family business, sometimes those days are long days and I think if I know I'm working hard and pulling my weight, both working and playing hard at the same time, I think everyone who I work with can see I am there pulling my weight.
Quotes about Catherine
- Myself, I wish her well and also wish I could whisper to her: If you really love him, honey, get him out of there, and yourself, too. Many of us don't want or need another sacrificial lamb to water the dried bones and veins of a dessicated system. Do yourself a favor and save what you can: Leave the throne to the awful next incumbent that the hereditary principle has mandated for it.
- Christopher Hitchens, Beware the In-Laws: Does Kate Middleton really want to marry into a family like this?, Slate, April. 18, 2011