Key Largo (film)
(Redirected from Key Largo (1948 film))
Key Largo is a 1948 film about a veteran soldier who visits the family of an army buddy killed in the war, only to find that their Key West hotel has been taken over by a bunch of exiled gangsters who are orchestrating their own comeback.
- You don't like it, do you Rocco, the storm? Show it your gun, why don't you? If it doesn't stop, shoot it.
- When your head says one thing and your whole life says another, your head always loses.
- One Rocco more or less isn't worth dying for!
- After living in the USA for more than thirty-five years they called me an undesirable alien. Me. Johnny Rocco. Like I was a dirty Red or something!
- You'd give your left arm to nail me wouldn't you? I could see the headlines now, 'Local Deputy Captures Johnny Rocco'. Your picture'd be in all the papers. You might even get to tell on the newsreels how you pulled if off, yeah. Listen hick, I was too much for any big city police force to handle. It took the United States Government to pin a rap on me. And they won't make it stick. You hick, I'll be back pulling strings to get guys elected mayor and governor before you get a ten buck raise.
- Charlie! Charlie Winook and his family, Crawfish Island. Charlie's a prince of the Seminole Nation. His ancestors go back to the gods. He sells sea shells by the sea shore.
- Edward "Toots" Bass: I say smack her and let it go at that.
- James Temple: Are you thieves or what? You want money, is this a robbery?
- Toots: Yeah, Pop, we're gonna steal all your towels.
- Ralph Feeney: Hey Curly, what all happens in a hurricane?
- Richard "Curly" Hoff: The wind blows so hard the ocean gets up on its hind legs and walks right across the land.
- Toots: And singin' this song: Rain rain, go away, little Ralphie wants to play.
- Humphrey Bogart — Frank McCloud
- Edward G. Robinson — Johnny Rocco
- Lauren Bacall — Nora Temple
- Harry Lewis — Edward "Toots" Bass
- Thomas Gomez — Richard "Curly" Hoff
- Lionel Barrymore — James Temple
- William Haade — Ralph Feeney