|This theme article is a stub. You can help Wikiquote by expanding it.|
- The event in Khojaly was organized by the political opponents to force my resignation. I found it doubtful that the Armenians would have allowed the Azerbaijanis to collect the bodies had the allegations of a massacre been true.
- The city and its inhabitants were deliberately sacrificed to the political goal – to prevent the People Front of Azerbaijan from coming to power.
- Arif Yunusov, Azerbaijani human rights advocate. Azerbaijani newspaper “Zerkalo”, July 1992
- I am well aware of who had the Khojaly tragedy on their conscience. And it was not the Armenian side.
- Yakup Mammadov, chairman of the Supreme Council of Azerbaijan. Newspaper “Ogonjok”, N 14-15, 1992
- The tragedy was realized by the authorities of Azerbaijan, and concretely – somebody of those high standing.
- Tamerlan Karaev, former Chairman of the Supreme Council of Azerbaijan. Newspaper “Moukhalifat”, April 28, 1992
- January events of 1990 in Baku and events in Khojalu were the handwork of the same people.
- Vagif Huseynov, former Minister of National Security of Azerbaijan. V. B. Haruthunyan, Events in Nagorno-Karabakh, Chronics, part 4, Yerevan, 1994, p. 120
- In reality, the Khojali tragedy is one of the greatest human atrocities of the 20th century. Every effort must be made to seek the world community's unbiased and resolute position regarding this genocide.
- The bloodshed will profit us. We should not interfere in the course of events.