Kick-Ass is a superhero film based on the comic book of the same name by Mark Millar and John Romita, Jr. The film is directed by Matthew Vaughn, produced by actor Brad Pitt, the script written by Vaughn and Jane Goldman. The film premiered March 26, 2010 in the United Kingdom and April 16, 2010 in the United States.
The film tells the story of teenager Dave Lizewski who sets out to become a real life superhero only to get caught up in a bigger fight. He meets Big Daddy, a former cop who, in his quest to bring down an evil drug lord, Frank D'Amico, has trained his 11-year-old daughter to be the ruthless vigilante Hit-Girl.
- Aaron Johnson as Dave Lizewski/Kick-Ass
- Nicolas Cage as Damon Macready/Big Daddy.
- Chloë Grace Moretz as Mindy Macready/Hit-Girl.
- Mark Strong as Frank D'Amico, head of a criminal organization.
- Christopher Mintz as Chris D'Amico/Red Mist
- Lyndsy Fonseca as Katie Deauxma
- Clark Duke as Marty
- Xander Berkeley as Detective Gigante
- Omari Hardwick as Sergeant Marcus Williams
- "Shut up. Kick Ass."
- "I can't fly, but I can kick your ass."
- "I can't be invisible, but I can kick your ass."
- "I can't see through walls, but I can kick your ass."
- "I can't read your mind, but I can kick your ass."
- "You are fucking awesome!"
- Kick-Ass: With no power comes no responsibility, except that wasn't true!. (rephrasing quote from Spider-Man)
- Kick-Ass: How do I get a hold of you guys?
- Hit Girl: You just contact the mayor's office, he has a special signal he shines in the sky. It's in the shape of a giant cock.
- Big Daddy: (lifts up gun at Mindy) You're gonna be fine, babydoll! (shoots Mindy in the chest)
- Hit-Girl: OK, you cunts, let's see what you can do now.
- Marcus Williams: You owe that kid a childhood.
- Big Daddy: I'll tell you who owes her a childhood: FRANK D'AMICO!
- Hit-Girl: (after saving Big Daddy and Kick-Ass from being executed on live television) Show's over, motherfuckers. (destroys the video camera)
- Red Mist: As a great man once said, "Wait 'til they get a load of me!"
- Red Mist: That's right, we're superheroes, you love us.
- Frank D'Amico (in mockingly childish falsetto): Mommy! I want a Kick-Ass party! Dumb little fucks.
- Huge Goon: Fuck this, I'm getting the bazooka!
- Huge Goon: Everything is under control. (grabs the bazooka)
- Red Mist: Under control? You're grabbing a fucking bazooka you dumbass.
- Huge goon (about to fire the bazooka): Say hello to my little friend! (quoting Tony Montana from Scarface)
- Kick-Ass: (while attempting to rescue a stubborn cat named 'Mister Bitey' who was stuck on a billboard platform) FUCK YOU, Mister Bitey! (falls off platform)
- Dave/Kick-Ass: Jesus, doesn't that bug you guys? Like thousands of people want to be Paris Hilton; nobody wants to be Spider-Man."
- Marty: Yeah, what's with that? She has like no tits, at all.
- Hit-Girl: You know what? Everyone likes Kick-Ass. If you see the clip he's actually pretty good.
- Big Daddy: Good at getting his ass... kicked. They should call him Ass-Kick, instead. (laughs sarcastically)
- Hit-Girl: That doesn't even make sense.
- Frank D'Amico (fighting Hit-Girl): Ruin my business...Kill every single guy on my payroll...god I wish I had a son like you! (picks up gun) time for the family reunion
- Dave/Kick-Ass (Frank looks up to see Kick-Ass holding a bazooka): Hey...why don't you pick on somebody your own size? (Blasts Frank out of the window)
- Rasul So fucking dead man (gets stabbed by Hit-Girl)