Kicking and Screaming (1995 film)
- For the 2005 comedy film, see Kicking & Screaming (2005 film).
- What I used to able to pass off as a bad summer could now potentially turn into a bad life.
- What about me? You've got enough friends, a new one is bad for you. You start spreading your affection around and it runs thin, believe me.
- I found myself writing 'wake up' and 'go to bed' in my day planner as if they are two different events.
- I gotta go. I gotta sleep with a freshman.
- [to Miami] I begged you not to get off Prozac.
- Jane: I've always thought that my parents were part of a trickle down method of parenting, you know, like reflection on the Reagan years. Looked good to a lot of people but basically I'm paying for all that neglect now.
- Grover: I guess my parents have sort of a Lyndon Johnson feel to them, like there's no satisfactory reason why they became parents, like my real parents were assassinated and these people were next in line for the job. They fight a lot, but they'd never split.
- Jane: Overrated? You've never even been to Prague.
- Grover: Oh, I've been to Prague. [Jane stares at him] Well, I haven't "been to Prague" been to Prague, but I know that thing, that, "Stop shaving your armpits, read The Unbearable Lightness of Being, date a sculptor, now I know how bad American coffee is" thing...
- Jane: Beer. They have good beer there.
- Grover: "... how bad American beer is" thing. [pause] "How bad American beer is" thing.
- Jane: Yeah, I heard you the first time.
- Kate: I'm going to be 17 tomorrow.
- Max: Wow, now you can read Seventeen Magazine and get all the references.
- Max: I'm too nostalgic. I'll admit it.
- Skippy: We graduated four months ago. What can you possibly be nostalgic for?
- Max: I'm nostalgic for conversations I had yesterday. I've begun reminiscing events before they even occur. I'm reminiscing this right now. I can't go to the bar because I've already looked back on it in my memory... and I didn't have a good time.
- Grover: OK, the way I see it, if we were an old couple, dated for years, graduated, away from all these scholastic complications, and I reached over and kissed you, you wouldn't say a word, you'd be delighted, probably, but if I was to do that now it'd be quite forward, and if I did it the first time we ever met you probably would hit me.
- Jane: What do you mean?
- Grover: I just wish we were an old couple so I could do that.
- Jane: Sometimes you can be such a child.
- Grover: Yeah, but if I was a child you'd find that endearing.
- Josh Hamilton - Grover
- Samuel Gould - Pete
- Catherine Kellner - Gail
- Jonathan Baumbach - Professor
- John Lehr - Louis
- Olivia d'Abo - Jane
- Peter Czernin - Lester
- Carlos Jacott - Otis
- Chris Eigeman - Max
- Eric Stoltz - Chet
- Eliza Roberts - Josselyn
- Jason Wiles - Skippy
- Parker Posey - Miami
- Noah Baumbach - Danny