The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker
(Redirected from Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker)
King of Red Lions 
- Link... Link... Wake up, Link! (Link opens his eyes, but blacks out again) Pull yourself together, Link! (Link opens his eyes again, and looks around) Well? Have you come to your senses yet? You are surprisingly dull-witted... (Link screams and falls backwards) Did I startle you? I suppose that is only natural. As wide as the world is, I am the only boat upon it who can speak the words of men.
- I understand how your desire to protect your sister could give you the courage to fearlessly stand up to anything... But such a bold attempt was foolhardy!
- I suppose you saw him... The shadow that commands that monstrous bird...His name is...Ganon...
- Ganon cannot be defeated by human hands, let alone by what little strength you possess.
- This is actually a bit embarrassing for me to admit, but...although I am indeed a boat that possesses the power of speech... I possess no sail.
- There! On the horizon!
- I fear that Ganon's vile hand may have already reached this most sacred of sanctuaries.
- Link, have you seen any filthy, thieving rats around?
- Link, you must get the remaining pearl! It lies in a place northwest of here.
- I know not what they are researching, but if they are hoping to get their hands on Jabun's sacred gem...
- Perhaps this is the curse that Valoo spoke of?
- You must believe in your own courage, which has led you to triumph over the many hardships you have faced...and you must triumph once again!
- You will find a clue in the shape of the herald near where we arrived at the castle.
- Link, do you not recognise the symbol on the stone?
- It is none other than the Master Sword... The blade of evil's bane. It is the only sword that can banish Ganon from the world above!
- The time has come to save your sister from her prison in the Forsaken Fortress! Hurry, Link!
- Ganon has likely been made aware of our little incursion already... But you have the Master Sword!
- The Triforce of Courage is the only key that will once again open the doorway to Hyrule. You must search for it.
- The power to repel evil shall surely be returned to the Master Sword!
- It is now our duty to gather the eight Triforce shards!
- Well done, Link! With the shards you have collected, the Triforce of Courage is now complete at last! We must make for Hyrule, quickly!
- Surely, from this moment on, you shall be known as the Hero of Winds...
- You must sharpen your senses so as not to fall victim to Ganon's illusions.
- This is the only world that your ancestors were able to leave you. Please...forgive us.
- I have scattered the seeds of the future...
- Oh, that's right! That giant bird came and...
- So that bird dropped me on the top of a mountain?
- Let's go! Time to repay our debt to that bird in full!
- (after saving Link) Uhhn! Stupid kid! Get ahold of yourself!!! She's gone. There's nothing you can do.
- Do you understand what you're asking? We're pirates! You know... PIRATES! The terror of the seas!
- The Forsaken Fortress?! Isn't that the place where...
- Have you ever seen so many seagulls flock like that before?
- Heh heh... The look on your face... Priceless!
- Keep your childish jokes to yourselves and get those bombs back to the ship!
- There you go... Acting before you think, as usual...
- (notices Master Sword) Are you... Is it even possible...?
- I'm so sorry to interrupt such a heartwarming reunion... But isn't there still something that you need to take care of?
- Link! I'm sorry! I overslept!
- We must return to the world above! Back to our ocean!
- Link! You have to distract him!
- As for our destination... The wind will guide us!
- Hey, Link! Here I am! Up here! (Link climbs up to her) What were you doing with Niko? Don't tell me you were playing some stupid game for treasure, were you? ... Well, whatever!
- It's been a while, boy. You have done well to sneak into my fortress and wriggle your way all the way up here. I suppose the least I can do is commend you for your reckless courage. My name is Ganondorf... And I am the master of Forsaken Fortress.
- By the way, boy... When you drew that sword of yours out of its pedestal... Did you by chance notice how all of the monsters frozen in time down there suddenly began stirring again? [Link remembers and looks at the Master Sword] Do you understand precisely what that means? ...I highly doubt you do. Foolish child. While that sword is indeed the blade of evil's bane, at the same time, it has long played another role... You see, it also functions as a sort of key... a most wretched little key that has kept the seal on me and my magic intact. By withdrawing the blade, you have broken that seal... [Link attacks him, but Ganondorf strikes him and draws his sword] You cannot defeat me with a blade that does not sparkle with the power to repel evil! What you hold is useless. Go back to the world below, and tell that to the pathetic fools who made this blade! Its power is gone, and its edges are dull!
- Ha! At long last, I have found you... Princess Zelda!
- Now that my power has been restored, there is no safe haven for you! And here, you shall fall into eternal slumber!
- Do you sleep still? Wait! Do not be hasty, boy... I can see this girl's dreams... Oceans... Oceans... Oceans... Oceans... Oceans as far as the eye can see. They are vast seas... None can swim across them... They yield no fish to catch... What did the King of Hyrule say? ...That the gods sealed Hyrule away? And they left behind people who would one day awaken Hyrule?! How ridiculous... So many pathetic creatures, scattered across a handful of islands, drifting on this sea like fallen leaves on a forgotten pool... What can they possibly hope to achieve? Don't you see? All of you... Your gods destroyed you! I have been waiting for you, boy. For one like you... Yes... For the hero. Do not betray my expectations. '['transforms into Puppet Ganon]
- Yes, surely you are the Hero of Time, reborn... Your time has come. Come now; stand before me.
- My country lay within a vast desert. When the sun rose into the sky, a burning wind punished my lands, searing the world. And when the moon climbed into the dark of night, a frigid gale pierced our homes. No matter when it came the wind carried the same thing... Death. But the winds that blew across the green fields of Hyrule brought something other than suffering and ruin. I coveted that wind, I suppose. It can only be called fate... That here, I would again gather the three with the crests... That I should lay my hand on that which grants the wishes of the beholder... That when power, wisdom, and courage come together, the gods would have no choice but to come down... The power of the gods... The Triforce! He who touches it will have whatever he desires granted! Already the crest of wisdom is mine...[looking at Tetra/Zelda] All that remains...[looks at Link, and attacks him until Link is near unconsciousness] Do not fear. I will not kill you... I merely have need of the power that dwells within you [picks up Link by wrist]. Now! Let us put an end to that which binds us together! [Triforce pieces leave them, merging together]
- Gods! Hear that which I desire! Expose this land to the rays of the sun once more! Let them burn forth! Give Hyrule to ME!!!
- Very well, then... Allow me to show you... Your future... Yes... Allow me to show you... Just what hope you have...See how much your precious Triforce is worth!
- (After being dealt the death-blow by Link) The wind... it is blowing...
- Could you please come to the entrance of Dragon Roost Cavern later?
- The atmospheric currents are really messed up, so pay close attention to the direction of the wind.
- ...Some creature is doing awful things to the great Valoo's tail!
- I wonder if this is how a mother feels...
- Just now, a sage spoke to me. She spoke so gently...
- There's actually something that I can do to help this world. It's incredible...
- Um... About Prince Komali... Please watch over him for me.
- When all went dark around me, I thought my time on the earth was over.
- I know you warned us many times, but still I did not listen...
- As my thanks to you, I shall play even harder than I normally do.
- Link! Are you a maestro?!
- The stone that blocks the entrance seems extremely heavy.
- Link, I have fully restored the power to restore evil to your Master Sword.
- May the winds of fortune be at your back.
- It's not like he's the one who went through that horrible experience... It's not like HE still has to go get a scale from Valoo.
- Poking your nose in other people's business... You're nosy, aren't you?
- I'll tell you what: If you can find me someone who can get past all the obstacles on Dragon Roost to get to Valoo... THEN I'll listen to anything you say!
- Giving you the thing I value most will give me the courage I need to stand up to bad things!
- Big brother!
- Hee hee hee! This is my FAVORITE spot to gaze out at the sea. When I play with the gulls, I call it "Aryll's Lookout."
- Did Grandma make that outfit for you?
- AAAAAHH!! Link! The sky! Look up in the sky!
- 'Hoy, Big Brother!
- I'm going to give you my most treasured belonging...but just for one day!
- Time certainly flies... I can't believe you're already old enough to wear these clothes.
- Nowadays, I suppose Orca is the only one on the island who still knows anything about swordplay.
- I guess it is true... Aryll really has been kidnapped... Hasn't she?
- Link... Aryll... Don't go... Don't leave... Uhhnnn... Don't leave your poor old grandma...
- But don't do anything reckless. Alright?
- Link... Is this what you're looking for? ...Take it with you. (about the Hero's Shield)
- (after Link gets the Hero's Shield) I guess it is true... Aryll really has been kidnapped... Hasn't she? (crying) What kind of a monster could take such a sweet, young child?
- Oh Link, I'm your Grandmother, I should be looking after you.
- Come on! (~Link)
- Yaaahhh!! (~Link)
- Whaaaaat!?? You did it already??? (~Niko)
- Tingle! Tingle! Kooloo-limpah! Become an item! (~Tingle)
- You've traveled far for one with no wings... (~Quill)
- O Hero! Use the wind god's wind! (~Valoo [2nd quest])
- Yep! That's a miiiiiighty nice breeze! (~Zephos)
- Has the king at long last found the Hero of Time? What is the matter? Do you not understand the ancient Hylian tongue? So...you are not the Hero of Time. (~Deku Tree [2nd quest])
- He has returned... Ganon has returned... (~Deku Tree)
- N-No! It is not that, O Great Deku Tree! Makar...fell into the Forbidden Woods! (~Linder)
- Congratulations, swordsman! (~Korok)
- But fear not! Jabun was able to flee this island before it was attacked. He is in a safer abode now. Would you like to guess where that abode may be? ...On the island where you were born. On Outset. (~Quill)
- How about you just think of it as payback for the nasty little monopoly you've been running here, yeah? (~One of the pirates to tied up Bomb shop owner)
- And presto! He spills the beans! (~Gonzo)
- So you're alive? (~Niko)
- Hey, how do you use that thing? Can you talk to Miss Tetra through that?! Man! You're so lucky! (~Niko)
- If you have sought me out...it must mean you have found the Hero of Time, does it not? (~Jabun)
- Accept this final challenge. (~Gohdan)
- I must tell you... You are just my type. Tee hee hee! (~Fairy Queen)
- Nothing can stop the flow of time or the passing of generations...but the fate carried within my bloodline endures the ravages of all the years. It survives. (~Laruto)
- Are you the new hero? (~Fado)
- Why? What ails you? What? Lose the long face! The monsters are gone from the world! Doesn't that make you a little happy? (~Fishman)
- Would you like me to decipher it for you? ...For 398 Rupees? (~Tingle)
- This is, but one of the legends of which the people speak... Long ago, there existed a kingdom, where a golden power lay hidden... It was a prosperous land, blessed with green forests, tall mountains, and peace... But one day, a man of great evil found the golden power and took it for himself... With its strength, he commanded darkness across the kingdom... But then, when all hope had died and the hour of doom was at hand, a young boy in green appeared as if from nowhere... Wielding the blade of evil's bane, he sealed the dark one away and gave the land light... This boy, who traveled through time to save the land, was known as the Hero of Time... The boy's tale was passed down through generations until it became legend... But then, a day came when a fell wind began to blow across the kingdom... the great evil that all thought had been forever sealed away by the hero once again crept forth from the depths of the earth, eager to resume its dark designs... The people believed that the Hero of Time would again come to save them... But the hero did not appear... Faced by an onslaught of evil, the people could do nothing, but appeal to the gods. In their last hour, as doom drew near, they left their future in the hands of fate. What became of that kingdom...? None remain who know. The memory of the kingdom vanished, but its legend survived on the wind's breath. On a certain island, it became customary to garb young boys in green when they come of age. Clothed in the green of fields, they aspire to find heroic blades and cast evil down... The elders wish only for the youths to know courage like the hero of legend... (~Prologue)
- Jabun: [in Hylian] Tell me, Hyrule King... Have you learned the whereabouts of the one who carries on the bloodline of the princess, Zelda?
- King of Red Lions: ...I believe I have.
- Ganondorf: You pathetic little sea rat! [Triforce mark starts to glow on his hand] My Triforce of Power is resonating! Ha! At long last, I have found you... Princess Zelda!
- Tetra: Wh-What?! What are you talking about? I don't know any Zelda...
- Ganondorf: Feigning ignorance will gain you nothing! Tell me... If you are not Zelda, then why do you have this fragment of the Triforce?
- Tetra: Are you him? Are you the one who was speaking through my stone without my permission? Answer me!
- King of Hyrule: That stone is an enhanced version of the Gossip Stones long spoken of in the legends of the Hyrulian Royal Family. I am the one who made it.
- Tetra: You made it? The royal family's Gossip Stone? I'm sorry, but I have no idea what you're talking about.
- King of Hyrule: Have neither of you heard the tales? Tales of the kingdom spoken of in the legend of the great hero... The place where the power of the gods lies hidden... This place, where the two of you now stand, is that kingdom. This is Hyrule... And I am its king: Daphnes Nohansen Hyrule. Link, do you not recognize my voice? [Link shockingly realizes] Indeed, I am the one who guided you here. I am the King of Red Lions.
- Tetra/Zelda: [after transformed into Princess Zelda] My...fate...
- King of Hyrule: You are the true heir of the royal family of Hyrule...the last link in the bloodline. You are Princess Zelda.
- Tetra/Zelda: ...Zelda? I'm...a princess?
- King of Hyrule: You are confused, aren't you? I suppose such is to be expected.
- King of Red Lions: ...I see. So...the Forsaken Fortress has already...
- Fishman: Ahh, like a molting snake that casts off its dead skin! That place is so empty and quiet... one can almost hear the echo of dead leaves falling to the cold, cracked ground!
- King of Red Lions: ..........
- King of Red Lions: He who touches it will have whatever he desires granted... That is what you said, is it not, Ganondorf? Gods of the Triforce! Hear that which I desire! Hope! I desire hope for these children! Give them a future! Wash away this ancient land of Hyrule! Let a ray of hope shine on the future of the world!!! And let our destinies finally be fulfilled... Ganondorf! May you drown with Hyrule!!!
- Ganondorf: [after laughing maniacally while water pours into Hyrule] This is foolishness... A future...for you?
- Tetra/Zelda: What are you laughing at, Ganondorf. You're insane! [to Link while giving him Master Sword] Link, I'm sorry! I overslept! I think it's time for us to say goodbye to this place. We must return to the world above! Back to our ocean!
- Ganondorf: Very well, then... Allow me to show you... Your future... Yes... Allow me to show you... Just what hope you have...See how much your precious Triforce is worth!
- Tetra/Zelda: W-wait! You could... You could come with us! Yes, of course... We have a ship! We can find it. We WILL find it! The land that will be the next Hyrule! So...
- King of Red Lions: Ah, but child... That land will not be Hyrule. It will be your land!
- King of Red Lions: Link... Link... Wake up, Link! [Link opens his eyes, but blacks out again] Pull yourself together, Link! [Link opens his eyes again, and looks around] Well? Have you come to your senses yet? [Link looks around to find who spoke; the King of Red Lions turns around] You are surprisingly dull-witted...
- Link: AAAAAHHH! [falls backwards] Oof.
- King of Red Lions: [laughs] Did I startle you? I suppose that is only natural. As wide as the world is, I am the only boat upon it who can speak the words of men.