(Redirected from Lev Davidovich Landau)
|This scientist article is a stub. You can help Wikiquote by expanding it.|
- Главное, делайте всё с увлечением, это страшно украшает жинь.
- It is important to do everything with enthusiasm, it embellishes life enormously.
- in a letter to his niece Maya Bessarab, as quoted by her in Lev Landau, biography. Moscovskiy Rabochiy (Moscow Worker). 1971.
- This work contains many things which are new and interesting. Unfortunately, everything that is new is not interesting, and everything which is interesting, is not new.
- We mathematicans are all a bit crazy.
- A method is more important than a discovery, since the right method will lead to new and even more important discoveries.
- reported by Lance Dixon 
- The most terrible sin is boredom! ... Here comes the Day of Judgement, God will call and ask: "Why not enjoy all the benefits of life? Why so boring?
- From thick books one can not learn anything new. A thick book is a cemetery where antiquated ideas are laid to rest.
- Cosmologists are often in error, but never in doubt.