- The bell just rang in the Tropical Atlantic... Hello Dolly...
- On Tropical Storm Dolly in 2002
- I hope there will be no more surprises.
- On Hurricane Kyle in 2002
- After considerable and sometimes animated in-house discussion of the demise of Ivan...
- On the regeneration of Hurricane Ivan in 2004
- On Hurricane Epsilon in 2005
- On Epsilon's strengthening:
- There are no clear reasons, and I am not going to make one up, to explain the recent strengthening of Epsilon.
- On Epsilon's longetivity:
- I heard that before about Epsilon... haven't you?
- On Epsilon's longetivity
- As you can see...I ran out [of] things to say.
- On Tropical Storm Zeta in 2005/2006:
- Since neither I nor the [forecast] models are good enough to precisely know if Ernesto will have an intensity of 64 knots at landfall...which is the border between hurricane and tropical storm intensity and 4 knots above the forecast...a hurricane watch has been issued for a portion of the coast.
- On Hurricane Ernesto in 2006
- If some of the dynamical models have their way...Juliette could meet her less-than-Shakespearean demise sooner than indicated in the official forecast.
- On Tropical Storm Juliette in 2007
- Bertha HAS to weaken and begin to become extratropical...famous last words.
- On Hurricane Bertha in 2008