Lord of the Flies (1990 film)
Lord of the Flies is a 1990 American drama film adapted from the classic novel Lord of the Flies by William Golding. It is the second film adaptation of the book, the first being the 1963 film Lord of the Flies. The film was a moderate box office success and critics gave it average reviews. It took many literary licenses with the book.
|This film article is a stub. You can help Wikiquote by expanding it.|
Cadet Lieutenant Colonel Ralph
- It doesn't matter who's in charge. We've just gotta work together.
Cadet First Lieutenant Jack Merridew
- There's a million islands out here. Why should they find this one?
- See you tonight, girls.
- Yeah? And what're you gonna do? HUH? What're you gonna do about it?
- We did everything just the way grownups would have. Why didn't it work?
- We gotta be sensible and make things work! This is serious!
- Jack Merridew: You better start to live with yourself, because we ain't gonna get rescued.
- Piggy: What are you talking about?
- Jack Merridew: Just being logical. A plane goes down in the middle of the ocean, there's no wreckage; who's gonna find us?
- Piggy: Why don't you just shut up?
- Jack Merridew: Are you telling me to shut up?
- Piggy: Well, what we need here is positive people, not people trying to scare people!
- Jack Merridew: Well what we don't need around here is you, shitbrain!
- Sam, Eric: His name's not shitbrain! It's Piggy!
- Jack Merridew: Yeah Piggy!
- Ralph: Shut up! Everybody just shut up!
- Jack Merridew: Rodge, you okay, man? That was some jump.
- Roger: Got him. Right up the ass.
- Will, Sam, Twin #1, Eric, Twin #2, Pablo: Up the ass!
- Will: Come on, cut it out! You dorks, that hurt!
- Jack Merridew: What's this dumbshit I hear about a monster? We're gonna have to send you back to kindergarten?
- Steve: I'm serious!
- Jack Merridew: [Sarcastic] Okay, what kind of monster? Did it have fur and poison fangs, or long slimy tentacles?
- Steve: It growled and it came out at me and its mouth, it was wet.
- Luke: Maybe it was a bear.
- Roger: Sounds more like a reptile.
- Jack Merridew: Sounds more like a bullshit.
- Ralph: The reason I'm calling this assembly is, too much people are screwing around when they should be working. I mean there's a bunch of things. Some people don't even know when to use the bathroom.
- Tony: Yeah. Theres this one kid, the other day he took a shit in his pants and later sat on it! I'm not naming names because it's possible that Mikey couldn't help it.
- [The boys laugh and tease Mikey]
- Ralph: What I'm saying is, we're gonna have to have more discipline. Hand out demerits, I guess.
- [The boys scoff and joke at the idea]
- Roger: Demerits? Demerits for grand larceny?
- Tony: Eat shit and die!
- Jack Merridew: [Pumping a fist in the air] YEAH!
- Ralph: Face it, Jack- you fucked up! We could've been rescued!
- Jack: Back off, man! I'm sick of your shit and so's my gang!
- Ralph: 'Your' gang? What's that supposed to mean?
- Jack: What it means, Colonel, is that if you know what's good for you you'll stop trying to run everything!
- Jack Merridew: Whats the matter kids?! You're to afraid to bring it with you? Anyways the conch doesn't count anymore Miss Piggy-tits!
- Ralph: Stop that!
- Jack Merridew: No one's interested in you or your fucking conch, why don't you just take your fat friend and shove off, you could've had all the meat you can eat! Come on, hunters! Roger's the pig!