Chrono Trigger (クロノ・トリガー) is a Japanese role-playing game produced by Square and released in Japan on March 11, 1995 for the Super Famicom and in North America on August 22, 1995 for the Super Nintendo Entertainment System (SNES).
- What ARE you two doing? I thought you said something about a nice little slideshow?
- Said at the end of the "Slideshow" ending
- During the course of the actual game, Crono never talks
- Machines aren't capable of evil. Humans make them that way.
- All of our history... our art and science... All to meet the needs of that... beast.
- Nothing can beat science!
- Even a door of this caliber can't keep science at bay!
- Where have they been keeping her!?
- Referring to Ayla
- Lower thine guard, and thou'rt allowing the enemy in.
- Mine name is Glenn! Cyrus' hopes and dreams…and now the Masamune, these will now become my burden! forthwith I will slay Magus and restore honor!
- Thou hast lost thy friend before thine eyes; there art no words to comfort thee.
- We have'th our own will!
- When facing Lavos
- Ma'am, you're mistaken, I'm not a pet, I'm a Knight and master swordsman.
- When Crono's mom called him Crono's "pet".
- Ayla fight while alive! Win and live. Lose and die. Rule of life. No change rule.
- Old man breathe, but dead on inside!
- After a village elder tells her to surrender to the reptites.
- Ayla's word! "La" mean fire. "Vos" mean big.
- When Lucca mentions Lavos in Ayla's presence.
- No rubbish for Ayla, or head go boom!
- As Robo tries to explain what a robot is
- Yummy frog! For Ayla eat?
- A question in reference to Frog when he awakens
- I... it's that stupid frog! Kissed any princesses lately?!
- Ah...! The Masamune!!! I bet you're just dying to use it! The black wind begins to blow... Okay... give me your best shot... If you're prepared for the void!
- The black wind howls... One among you will shortly perish...
- Janus (Magus as a child, in the year 12,000 B.C.)
- Don't waste your time. Alfador only likes me.
- Janus, when the player tries to talk to Alfador the cat
- ... go away!
- Janus, when the player tries to talk to him
- What a filthy hovel!
- Janus, surveying the Terra Cave
- I survived the Darkness to defeat you!
- To Lavos
- Idiots... Nothing can live forever.
- Do you wish to fight me?
- At the North cape, after being confronted by the player
- Unimaginable is the power of Lavos. Anyone who dares to oppose... it... meets certain doom.
- I never imagined that we would settle our score in this dusty old era. Come, let us finish this charade!
- At the North Cape, to Frog before the one on one duel
- There's a letter here. Shall we burn it?
- The weak always strive to be weaker...
- You got whacked 'cuz you're weak.
- To Crono at the End of Time
- Oh, how dreadful. Say, do you hear that? It's the sound of the Reaper...
- To Ozzie, at the end of his castle before facing him
- The past is dead. It was all just a dream...
- We were created only to be harvested. All people... and all living things... It's over for you... Your life ends here!
- When facing Lavos
- If history is to change, let it change! If the world is to be destroyed, so be it! If my fate is to be destroyed... I must simply laugh!!
- Crono!! We can't keep sponging off my dad! Go and get a job!!
- Enough with the false modesty! You have a real gift! I would trade my royal ancestry for your genius in a heartbeat!
- To Lucca
- I didn't "pick up" anything from outside! It's called "common sense!"
- Reacting to King Guardia's remark about the things she learns outside the castle
- It was awful. I can't recall it all... I was somewhere cold, dark, and lonely. Is that what it's like to... die?
- Returning from being written out of history
- Like we're in another world.
- About 2300 AD
- You cocky boxes of bolts!
- You're a marshmallow, Glenn.
- All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu... This is the truth! This is my belief! ...At least for now.
- Belthasar in "The Mystery of Life" Vol. 841 Ch. 26
- It all began aeons ago, when man's ancestors picked up a shard of strange red rock. Its power, which was beyond human comprehension, cultivated dreams... in turn, love and hate were born... Only time will see how it all ends.
- Belthasar's book in Kajar
- This is the eternal kingdom of Zeal, where dreams can come true. But at what price?
- Doreen in Enhasa
- I'm Doreen. Seek the hidden path, and open the doors of knowledge, each in turn.
- Doreen in Enhasa
- Am I butterfly dreaming I'm a man? Or a bowling ball dreaming I'm a plate of sashimi? Never assume what you see and feel is real!
- Doreen (playing on a famous quote by Zhuangzi)
- Water summons Wind, Wind makes Fire dance!
- Code to unlock Nu secret room in Enhasa and Kajar
- In our world, every storm has an end. Every night has a new morning. What's important is to trust those you love, and never give up. We must all keep hope alive...
- Nun at Cathedral in 600 AD
- Just as you touch the energy of every life form you meet, so, too, will their energy strengthen you. Fail to live up to your potential, and you will never win.
- Male...female.....what's the difference? Power is beautiful, and I've got the power!
- dear me...! Crono! how many times have I told you to keep your pets outside!!
- Crono's Mom, about Frog
- Congrats on finishing the game. Now get a life!!
- Eiji Nakamura in the "Programmers'" Ending
- Stop degrading yourselves! We Enlightened Ones were once the same as you. The only difference is that we are under Lavos' control.
- Behold, my pretties! Destiny, in its most brutal form. All the dreams that might have been. All the happiness and sorrow you might have experienced. Gone forever!!! For you there will be no tomorrow! The Black Omen transcends time and space, waiting for Lavos to awaken! Destiny has led you here. And here you shall rest forever, unless you defeat me, and smash the Omen! Perhaps I can persuade Lavos to share his dreams to you! Did I say dreams? I meant his eternal nightmare!
- Queen Zeal
- This weapon represents considerable power... Your actions may either save or destroy life. Wield your sword with full knowledge of the consequences!
- To bring back lost loved ones... It's what everyone wants... Crono must be proud... to have friends like you...
- My name is Gato/I have metal joints/Beat me up/And earn fifteen silver points!
- Gato (singing)
- (When exiting a portal that came up in a closet in a imp's house) Did you guys just come out of the closet? Get out of here!
- Imp in Medina
- HP/MP restored! But you're still hungry.
- 2300 A.D., after using a sleep chamber.
Japanese Retranslation 
- Less haste, more speed.
From a Japanese proverb, isogaba maware. Translates roughly to "When in a hurry, rather than a dangerous shortcut, taking the long but safe main road is faster in the end. An admonition to take the safe and steady way." The meaning was lost in the North American translation, as it was replaced by "You must hurry!"