Maria Bamford (born September 3, 1970) is a comedian from Minnesota. She has appeared on her own Comedy Central special and was a star on the show "Comedians of Comedy".
|This comedian or humorist article is a stub. You can help Wikiquote by expanding it.|
Comedy Central Presents Maria Bamford (2001)
- She said I was afraid of success, which may in fact be true, because I have a feeling that fufilling my potential would really cut into my sittin' around time.
- I do wanna get married. It just sounds great. You get to go grocery shopping together, rent videos, and the kissing and the hugging and the kissing and the hugging under the cozy covers. Mmmm! But sometimes I worry that I don't wanna get married as much as I want to get dipped in a vat of warm, rising bread dough. That might feel pretty good, too.
- I'm not looking for much [in a guy], I just want, like, a really nice guy who has, you know, like a job... and the missing half of this golden amulet.
- S-s-sure I'll join your cult. [nervous smile]
- [impersonating her mother] Now, Maria, if a boy doesn't like you, I would just like you to know that he is intimidated by your beauty, because you are the most beautiful girl in the whole world and if you would stop doing impersonations of me I think other people would see that...
How to WIN! (2006)
- My old lip color could barely keep up with my busy schedule. In the time it takes to notice the wide discrepancy between my salary and that of my male peers, I'd have to reapply! In the seconds to count the number of women in high political office, seated on corporate executive boards and featured in film and television over the age of 40, my lip color would be as invisible as this glass ceiling only inches above my head! L'Oreal. Because I am worth it. And because holding myself to an impossible standard of beauty keeps me from starting a riot!
The Now Show (2006)
- I'm not technically rich, but I do have a lot of shit that I don't need, and I refuse to share with others.
- I've never really thought of myself as depressed so much as I am paralyzed by hope.
- [singing the song her therapist told her to improvise in order to "let her anxieties out"] If I keep the kitchen floor clean, no one will die!
- If I clench my fists at odd intervals, the darknesses within me won't force me to do anything inappropriately violent or sexual at [breathes] dinner parties!
- If I keep humming a tune, I won't [air quotes] "turn gay"--
- Mmmm-hmmm-mmmm-mmm, mmmm-hmmm-mmmmm-mmm, mmmmmm--!
- They can't get you if you're singin' a song! Yeah!
The Comedians of Comedy: Live at Del Ray (2007)
- (singing) Old McDonald had a farm, E-I-E-I-O!/
- And on this farm he has a pterodactyl, E-I-E-I-O!/
- With a screeeeeeech! here,/
- and a screeeeeeech! there,/
- here a screeeeeeech!,/
- there a screeeeeeech!...you know the rest.
Unwanted Thoughts Syndrome (2009)
Time flies when you are anxious!