Match Point is a 2005 film about a former tennis pro, Chris Wilton, who falls for a beautiful woman who turns out to be his friend's fiancee.
- Written and directed by Woody Allen.
- The man who said "I'd rather be lucky than good" saw deeply into life. People are afraid to face how great a part of life is dependent on luck. It's scary to think so much is out of one's control. There are moments in a match when the ball hits the top of the net, and for a split second, it can either go forward or fall back. With a little luck, it goes forward, and you win. Or maybe it doesn't, and you lose.
- You can learn to push the guilt under the rug and go on. Otherwise, it overwhelms you.
- The innocent are sometimes slain to make way for grander schemes. You were collateral damage.
- Sophocles said, that to never have been born may be the greatest boon of all.
- Christopher "Chris" Wilton: So, what's a beautiful young American doing mingling among the british upper class?
- Nola Rice: Has anyone told you you play an aggressive game?
- Christopher "Chris" Wilton: Has anyone told you you have very sensual lips?
- Nola Rice: Extremely aggressive.
- Christopher "Chris" Wilton: I'm competitive.
- Nola: Men seem to think I'd be somebody very special.
- Wilton: And are you?
- Nola: Well, no one's ever asked for their money back.
- Chloe Hewett Wilton: Chris's dad was a bit of a religious fanatic.
- Christopher "Chris" Wilton: After he lost both his legs, he found Jesus.
- Tom Hewett: God... Sorry, but it just doesn't seem like a fair trade.
- There are no little secrets.
- Jonathan Rhys Meyers - Chris Wilton
- Scarlett Johansson - Nola Rice
- Emily Mortimer - Chloe Hewett Wilton
- Matthew Goode - Tom Hewett