Memento is a 2000 film about a man's quest to avenge the brutal murder of his wife. Though he is hampered by short-term memory loss, he uses notes, photos, and tattoos to record information that may lead him to a suspect.
Leonard Shelby 
- Memory can change the shape of a room; it can change the color of a car. And memories can be distorted. They're just an interpretation, they're not a record, and they're irrelevant if you have the facts.
- I have to believe in a world outside my own mind. I have to believe that my actions still have meaning, even if I can't remember them. I have to believe that when my eyes are closed, the world's still there. Do I believe the world's still there? Is it still out there? … Yeah. We all need mirrors to remind ourselves who we are. I'm no different … now … where was I?
- I don't even know how long she's been gone. It's like I've woken up in bed and she's not here … because she's gone to the bathroom or something. But somehow, I know she's never gonna come back to bed. If I could just … reach over and touch … her side of the bed, I would know that it was cold, but I can't. I know I can't have her back … but I don't want to wake up in the morning, thinking she's still here. I lie here not knowing … how long I've been alone. So how … how can I heal? How am I supposed to heal if I can't … feel time?
- So you lie to yourself to be happy. There's nothing wrong with that. We all do it.
- Natalie: What's the last thing that you do remember?
- Leonard Shelby: My wife …
- Natalie: That's sweet.
- Leonard Shelby: … dying.
- Leonard Shelby: I don't think they'd let someone like me carry a gun.
- Teddy: I fucking hope not.
- Leonard Shelby: There are things you know for sure.
- Natalie: Such as?
- Leonard Shelby: I know what that's going to sound like when I knock on it. I know what that's going to feel like when I pick it up. See? Certainties. It's the kind of memory that you take for granted.
- Leonard Shelby: I have this condition.
- Teddy: [examining Jimmy Grantz] I hope it's not as serious as this guy, because he's dead.
- [Leonard opens the closet door to find a beaten and bloodied Dodd]
- Leonard Shelby: Who did this to you?
- Dodd: [puzzled] You did!
DVD extras 
- Your life is over. You're a dead man. The only thing the doctors are hoping to do is teach you to be less of a burden to the orderlies. And they'll probably never let you go home, wherever that would be. So the question is not "to be or not to be," because you aren't. The question is whether you want to do something about it.
- From "Memento Mori", by Jonathan Nolan, as quoted on the DVD
- Guy Pearce – Leonard Shelby
- Carrie-Anne Moss – Natalie
- Joe Pantoliano – Teddy Gammell
- Callum Keith Rennie – Dodd