Maurice Motamed (born 1945; sometimes transcribed from Persian as موریس معتمد) is the only Jewish member of the Islamic Consultative Assembly of the Islamic Republic of Iran, representing the Jewish community which has by Iran's constitution retained a reserved seat since the Persian Constitution of 1906.
|This political figure or monarch article is a stub. You can help Wikiquote by expanding it.|
- I have always emphasized that the Iranian people has the right to obtain nuclear technology and energy for peaceful purposes.
- Real Jews, in concord with some Muslims, continue their war against Zionists and against Israeli crimes. The oppressed people of Palestine living under occupation must feel that believers of all faiths support them.
- "Real Jews hate Israel" (October 28, 2005)
- I have traveled many times outside Iran, and have discussed the issue [of the Iranian nuclear project]. I have been asked for my opinion and that of the Iranian Jewish community, and I have always emphasized that the Iranian people has the right to obtain nuclear technology and energy for peaceful purposes. The Iranian people must not give up this right under any circumstances - and indeed, it will not.
- Channel 2 - Iranian TV (January 22, 2006)
- In our presence of 2,700 years in Iran, Jews have never betrayed Iran and our roots are so deep that they cannot be cut off.