New Delhi is the capital of India, formerly known as Delhi.
- Partition was a total catastrophe for Delhi. Those who were left behind are in misery. Those who were uprooted are in misery. The Peace of Delhi is gone. Now it is all gone.
- The mere mention of the Farakka Express, which jerks its way eastward each day from Delhi to Calcutta, is enough to throw even a seasoned traveller into fits of apoplexy. At a desert encampment on Namibia's Skeleton Coast, a hard-bitten adventurer had downed a peg of local fire-water then told me the tale. Farakka was a ghost train, he said, haunted by ghouls, Thuggees, and thieves. Only a passenger with a death wish would go anywhere near it.
If the government does not pass the Jan Lokpal Bill, I will begin my fast unto death at New Delhi.
- If the government does not pass the Jan Lokpal Bill, I will begin my fast unto death at New Delhi.
- Chief minister Sheila Dikshit has betrayed the people of Delhi.
- It was a big challenge for me when I decided to start with the Sufi night. It took a while for the crowd to understand the music that was being played at the club since Delhi's crowd is more used to listening to hip-hop and Bollywood music, but the introduction of Sufi music definitely brought in a change.
- The soil and climate in Delhi are also not favourable for anthrax.
- Riaz Khan (Delhi Zoo curator), Money Control (2012)
- Delhi does not have legislations and policies which recognise the city’s values. The state government has not been able to identify the unique elements and outstanding universal values yet.
External links