- 1 Sourced
- 1.1 Disney Stories, 2012
- 1.2 Facebook Nation, 2013
- 1.3 Counterterrorism and Cybersecurity, 2013
- 1.4 Read Me First: Sex, Lies, and Online Dating, 2013
- 1.5 Read Me First: Password Protection and Identity Theft Prevention (2nd Edition), 2013
- 1.6 Read Me First: Android Game Development for Kids and Adults (Free Game and Source Code Included), 2013
- 1.7 Digital Da Vinci: Computers in Music, 2014
- 1.8 Digital Da Vinci: Computers in the Arts and Sciences, 2014
- 2 External links
- Learning is an innate human behavior. A healthy baby is happy and excited to learn to speak, play and express itself. Why should learning stop being fun? The human race cannot survive without continuous learning. Let us impart the enthusiasm and creativity of learning in the classrooms.
- Virginia Tech Collegiate Times (November 1990)
- I sometimes wish to be a kid again and go through life a little differently.
- The Nightmares of a Journalist (1991)
- Human beings will never evolve to higher creatures if we are constantly restricted by rules and regulations.
- The Nightmares of a Journalist (1991)
- Being a Disney VoluntEAR reinforces my belief in Walt's vision for The Walt Disney Company to bring happiness to every family in the world.
- Disney Consumer Products News (Summer 1998)
- I am never content with what I have [accomplished]. Jimmy reminded me of those less fortunate than I, people out there who are struggling just to survive.
- Disney Consumer Products News (Summer 1998)
- The meaning of life for human beings is to serve one another for the survival of humanity and the advancement of civilization.
- ACM Computers in Entertainment (Volume 3, Issue 1, January 2005)
- Through knowledge, you can develop the economy. Without knowledge, you cannot improve a society.
- American Film Institute (November 4, 2006)
- May we all come to realize that education and the humanities should be valued for nurturing our minds and society as a whole, and not only as a means to build future careers.
- ACM Computers in Entertainment (Volume 5, Issue 2, May 2007)
- The way we live can be summarized in three sentences:
1. Cogito ergo sum / Je pense, donc je suis (René Descartes)
2. Esse est percipi (George Berkeley)
3. Ho de anexetastos bios ou biôtos anthrôpôi (Socrates and Plato)
The trick is to balance them well to create a happy life.
Disney Stories, 2012
- Disney Stories: Getting to Digital (Springer, April 26, 2012)
- Change was a constant in Walt Disney’s commitment to tell a story well, to bring it to an audience through the technology of the day, and to push that technology so that rather than controlling the story, it enhanced the story and gave it an opportunity to touch people, to speak to each of them individually, to make it believable.
- Apart from a 20-minute stunt as Eeyore at Disneyland for “Disney Way One” and countless joyful hours of volunteering with my fellow colleagues, my job at Disney Online was mainly to make children happy by creating entertaining and educational games.
Facebook Nation, 2013
- Facebook Nation: Total Information Awareness (Springer, September 15, 2012)
- Information is power. Disinformation is abuse of power.
- Every major technological innovation propels humanity forward to the point of no return.
- With the massive amount of personal data on the Internet, Facebook nation has opened Pandora's box of total information awareness in the age of big data. Fortunately, Pandora's box released not only evil but also hope. ... The hope is that good will trump evil.
- Dictatorship of the majority over the minority would be an encroachment on the rights of the individual and their prerogative to personal freedom.
- The useful information for the millions outweighs the privacy of the few.
- Better information awareness does not mean less personal freedoms. Feeling safe in school is a prerequisite for a conducive learning environment. Everyone should be free to express their opinions, voice their concerns, and become better informed.
Counterterrorism and Cybersecurity, 2013
- Counterterrorism and Cybersecurity: Total Information Awareness (Springer, April 15, 2013)
- No single countermeasure or mitigation service is 100 % efficacious. It requires the entire international community to ACT — Achieve Cybersecurity Together. As the world is increasingly interconnected, everyone shares the responsibility of securing cyberspace.
- Journalists should be watchdogs, not lapdogs.
- An open internet is an open platform for debating opposing views. It allows unpopular voices to be heard.
- The two-way street of Total Information Awareness is the road that leads to a more transparent and complete picture of ourselves, our governments, and our world.
- While information is the oxygen of the modern age, disinformation is the carbon monoxide that can poison generations.
- American civil rights activist and U.S. Army Sergeant Medgar Evers once said that "you can kill a man, but you can’t kill an idea." The statement applies to both good and evil. Drones kill terrorists, but not the idea of terrorism.
- War is legitimized state-sponsored terrorism in a grand scale.
- The enormous amount of financial resources and creative energy that nations have spent on wars and weapons could have been redirected to curing deadly diseases, feeding the hungry, eliminating poverty, promoting art and culture, investing in renewable clean energy, and solving a host of other important challenges facing humanity.
- The U.S. government needs to learn from successful private businesses that run an effective and efficient operation in serving their customers and outwitting their competitors.
- If we take a small step in extolling peacemakers as much as honoring war heroes, we will be making a giant leap towards peace.
- There is a fine line between free speech and hate speech. Free speech encourages debate whereas hate speech incites violence.
Read Me First: Sex, Lies, and Online Dating, 2013
- Read Me First: Sex, Lies, and Online Dating (Amazon.com, May 3, 2013)
- Online dating is not a number game or virtual bar hopping.
- We are all transforming during different stages of our life, and yesteryears may seem like a dream. If we are determined to be true to ourselves, online dating can be very effective in finding our soul mates.
- Every lifelong couple has their own variants of the butterfly dream!
- Contrary to the popular saying that love is blind, love is anything but blind.
- Intelligence amplification refers to the effective use of information technology in augmenting human intelligence. It will lead to a brave new world of dating – a positive change, mind you, unlike Aldous Huxley’s 1932 novel Brave New World.
- Although there is mandatory sex education in school, there are none on dating and marriage – two of the most important subjects in our lives.
Read Me First: Password Protection and Identity Theft Prevention (2nd Edition), 2013
- Read Me First: Password Protection and Identity Theft Prevention (2nd Edition) (Amazon.com, July 12, 2013)
- Password protection is more than meets the eye.
- Your nonexistence in the eye of criminals eliminates you as a potential target of fraud and financial crimes.
Read Me First: Android Game Development for Kids and Adults (Free Game and Source Code Included), 2013
- Read Me First: Android Game Development for Kids and Adults (Free Game and Source Code Included) (Amazon.com, June 16, 2013)
- While games are fun to play, children should grow up not just being the consumers of technology but also the creators of technology.
- In William Shakespeare's Hamlet, "to be, or not to be, that is the question." In the 21st century, "to code, or not to code, that is the challenge."
Digital Da Vinci: Computers in Music, 2014
- Digital Da Vinci: Computers in Music (Springer, March 31, 2014)
- Computers and music are converging in a new era of digital Renaissance as more and more musicians such as will.i.am are learning how to code while an increasing number of software programmers are learning how to play music.
- MP3 and peer-to-peer file sharing technology single-handedly disrupted the age-old music business. iTunes and YouTube have displaced record stores and MTV. If we take the cue from Netflix which has successfully produced original content, it will not be long before Apple and Google will sign new artists and rival the record labels.
Digital Da Vinci: Computers in the Arts and Sciences, 2014
- Digital Da Vinci: Computers in the Arts and Sciences (Springer, June 30, 2014)
- To quote computer graphics pioneer Ivan Sutherland who said in 1965: "The ultimate display would, of course, be a room within which the computer can control the existence of matter. A chair displayed in such a room would be good enough to sit in. Handcuffs displayed in such a room would be confining, and a bullet displayed in such a room would be fatal." Sutherland's futuristic vision sounds just like Star Trek’s holodeck!