Next (2007 film)
Next is a 2007 film, whose original script was very loosely based on the science fiction short story The Golden Man by Philip K. Dick. The film is directed by Lee Tamahori and stars Nicolas Cage, Julianne Moore and Jessica Biel. The film was released on April 27, 2007.
- Callie: Tell me what just happened. What did you see?
- Cris: If I do what you want, you'll keep me in this chair forever.
- Liz: You can see things before they happen?
- Cris: Only my future... except with you. I saw far beyond anything I'd ever seen before. You need to get away from here.
- Callie: I believe that the urgency of this situation compels the use of any and all resources to obtain Cris Johnson.
- Cris: I've been every possible ending. None of them are good for you.
- Liz: I don't want you to die.
- Cris: It happened. It just hasn't happened yet.
- Cris: There's an Italian painter, named Carlotti, and he uh, ahem, defined beauty. He said it was the summation of the parts working together in such a way that nothing needed to be added, taken away or altered, and that's you. You're beautiful.
- Liz: Wow.
- Cris: I like rain.
- Liz: I like rain, too.
- Cris: Here is the thing about the future. Every time you look at, it changes, because you looked at it, and that changes everything else.
- Cris: You have one way out of this.
[Mr. Smith holds up the detonator; Ferris shoots it out of his hand]
- Cris: That wasn't it.
- Cris: [has a premonition of them sharing a kiss] Wow. That was incredible.
- Liz: What was?
- Cris: This.
- Cris: It may be a week, or a month. But if you can wait, I will find you.
- Cris: Every once in a while what we think is magic is the real deal hiding behind a $50.00 trick, because the alternative is impossible for others to live with.
- Wisdom: I need actionable intelligence, not paranormals and bullshit magicians.
- Callie: With all due respect, sir. This bullshit magician's shown a pattern of advanced awareness that is statistically impossible. You let me bring him in and you'll get what you want.
- Cris: Did you hear about the zen monk who who ordered a hot dog? He said he had one with everything.