Nier is an action role-playing video game developed by Cavia and published by Square Enix. It was released for the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 in Australia, Europe, Japan and North America in April 2010. In Japan, the game was an Xbox 360 exclusive titled Nier Gestalt, while an alternate version titled Nier Replicant was released for PlayStation 3 with a younger main character.
- See also: Drakengard
- [when Hansel and Gretel attack] A talking book and moving statues?! Really?
- [about Hook] Oh, fantastic.
- Hey, Dad. Thanks for always being there for me. Oh, here. I brough your half. [Hands cookie]
- [To Kaine] Speak the truth Hussy!
- Shithog? Oh come now, that's not even a real word...
- [Refering to Wendy] By my pages. Is this beast a shade as well?
- [To Nier and Grimoire Weiss] Stay out of my way! He's mine you idiots!
- [To Hook] Die! Die! Die! Die. I'm going to pull out your teeth and cram them up your ass!
- Weiss you dumbass! Start making sense you rotten book, or you're gonna be sorry. Maybe I'll rip your pages out one by one, or maybe I'll put you in the goddamn furnance! How can someone with such a big, smart brain be hypnotized like a little bitch, huh? Oh, Shadowlord, I love you Shadowlord. Come over here and give Weiss a big sloppy kiss, Shadowlord. Now pull your head out of your goddamn ass and start fucking helping us!
- Dammit, no! That's a shade! That's a shade!
- [Sobbing] I killed innocent people! I killed them all...
- You know... When I was young, I...I hated my eyes. And now that I'm older, I hate what my body has become. But there's something else there now. Something like...pride. You know? I mean, without all this... I couldn't have become your friend. Goodbye, my friends! Thank you for everything!
- For so long all I could do was destroy. But now I have a chance to save something.
- ...Oh, dear. Kainé's so unstable, and Weiss can't stop arguing with people. I hope they can hold it together once I'm gone. Well, I guess they'll just have to learn.
- I'm...scared. I don't want to...die...
- [Manic laughter] Oh you're funny! I'm going to start crying here.
- [Manic laughter] Oh, this is one stubborn son of a bitch!
- Hey there sunshine, you ain't feeling bad for this freak are ya? Because there is no turning back now. You've gotta lust for blood. You've gotta imbrace the slaughter. All we know is the thrill of battle. Ain't that right Kaine?
- Oh... The village... It's home to so many terwible little memowies, isn't it Kaine? [Manic laughter]
- Oh, the little vixen has finally run out of steam. Is it my turn now? Are you sure about that sunshine?
- [Manic laughter] Kill him! Kill him! Feel the hate inside you...
- Ain't you got a wish, Sunshine? ...Ya know, a wish? Like a prayer or something? Why don't ya get down on your knees and start prayin' to heaven? 'Please, invisible man in the sky! Save me! Saaave me!' Kah hah hah hah!
- Grimoire Weiss: Bah, stop! Stop! For the love of all that is holy, stop pounding me!
- Nier: Then move!
- Grimoire Weiss: I wonder if these people use the same mask for life?
- Nier: I hadn't thought about it. ...I hope they wash those things?
- Kaine: You've been wearing the same shitty clothes since I met you.
- Grimorie Weiss:There is nothing more filthy than your underwear, hussy!
- Kaine: What, this? I don't wear the same one all the time, I have a different set for everyday of the week. And every night I scrub them with soap and water. So you bet your ass that I'm cleaner than either of you!
- Grimorie Weiss: My word...
- Nier: [after Closure sidequest] Makes you wonder what the point of everything is. Life is hard, and it seems the right thing is rarely the happy thing.
- Grimoire Weiss: Pah! It's only as complicated as you choose to make it. Was the old woman happy? Unhappy? Who can say. One can never know for true. You simply make your best attempt and move on.