Night Shift (film)
- What's our job? We like drive around and pickup stiffs, or what? Is that what we are suppose to do?
- Wanna know why I carry this tape recorder? To tape things. See, I'm an idea man, Chuck. I got ideas coming at me all day... I couldn't even fight 'em off if I wanted. Wait a second... hold the phone! Hold the phone! [speaking into tape recorder] Idea to eliminate garbage. Edible paper. You eat it, it's gone! You eat it, it's outta there! No more garbage!
- So there I was at the Blackjack table with all my wash 'n' dries... did I tell you I had they idea for them first?
- What if you mix...mayonnaise right in the can with the tunafish? Hold it! Hold it! Wait a minute! Chuck! Take live tuna fish...and feed them mayonnaise. Oh this is good. [speaks into tape recorder] Call StarKist.
- We'll call ourselves Love Brokers.
- We're all adults here - we can talk about this openly... [writing on chalkboard] PROSTITUTION! But what does that mean really? Sometimes it helps to understand a word if you break it down, so let's do that now shall we? Pros... it doesn't mean anything, you can forget about that... Tit, I think we all know what that means, Tu, two tit and TION of course, from the Latin to shun... to say uh-uh no thank you anyway I don't want it, to push away... it doesn't even belong in this word really.
- I wash my hands and my feet of you!
- Chuck Lumley: [reads the forms that Lenoard, the day shift guy left] Name of the desceased... something Polish?
- Leonard: Oh, that Barney Rubble. What an actor.
- Chuck: I used to be an investment counselor.
- Bill: Yeah? [pause] What's that?
- Chuck: It's like a stockbroker.
- Bill: So what're you doing babysitting stiffs? What were you... drinker? Big drinker?
- Chuck: No!
- Bill: Doper! Toothead! Nose candy! Coke!
- Bill: [picking up photo from desk] Hey Chuck? Who is this? Your wife?
- Chuck: Fiancée.
- Bill: Nice frame!
- Bill: You tellin' me to shut up?
- Chuck: I'm telling you to shut up! I will tell your recorder so that you don't forget!
- [Chuck picks up tape recorder and turns it on]
- Chuck: Hello, this is Chuck to remind Bill to SHUT UP!
- Chuck: [elevator door opens; Chuck sees Belinda lying on the elevator floor] Oh my God. Did you fall down? Did somebody hit you?
- Belinda: Other way round. Somebody hit me and then I fell down.
- Chuck: As we sit here and idly chat, there are woman, female human beings, rolling around in strange beds with strange men, and we are making money from that.
- Bill: Is this a great country, or what?
- Bill: [Chuck is spitting on himself in the jail cell] Chuck, come on - it looks bad in front of the other guys!
- Chuck: So what am I running for, cell president?
- Bill: No!... they have that?
- Belinda: Bill, Bill, are you all right? Did you break anything, Bill?
- Bill: I caught an updraft.
- Chuck: Are you ok?
- Bill: Yeah, I'm all right, don't worry, I'm all right, fortunately the ground broke my fall.
- Ever since two enterprising young men turned the City Morgue into a swinging business, people have been dying to get in.
- It makes the day seem dead.
- Together they are going to make the day pay off... all night long!
- The oldest profession in a new-look comedy.
- Henry Winkler - Chuck Lumley
- Michael Keaton - Bill Blazejowski
- Shelley Long - Belinda Keaton
- Gina Hecht - Charlotte Koogle