Once Were Warriors
Jake "The Muss" Heke 
- Cook the man some fuckin' eggs!
- Barman! 6 milkshakes, easy on the ice-cream.
- You're a fuckin' mess! Don't you ever speak to me again, you hear?
- I was right. Too much weights, not enough speedwork. Useless prick.
- After thoroughly beating up a bar patron
- Uncle fucking Bully...UNCLE FUCKING BULLY!
- Beth: Our people once were warriors. But unlike you, Jake, they were people with mana, pride; people with spirit. If my spirit can survive living with you for 18 years, Then I can survive anything cause living with you is like living in hell.
- Jake: Well fuck off then! You'll get nothing from me!
- Beth: You have nothing I want, Jake.
- Te Tupaea: If you want to smash things, boy, you start with me! You think you're man enough to hold a taiaha, boy?
- Boogie: I hate this fucking place!
- Te Tupaea: You're not supposed to like it!
- Boogie: Let me go, you black bastard!
- Te Tupaea: We are the same colour, boy! The British used to think the bayonet was the most lethal of all hand-to-hand combat weapons, till they came across our warriors, who fought with a taiaha. You think your fist is your weapon? When I have taught you, your mind will be. You'll carry your taiaha inside you.
- Boogie: Good look, bro.
- Neg: Would you like one, bro?
- Boogie: No, thanks, man. I wear mine on the inside.
- Her only chance for the future is to embrace the power of her past.
- A family in crisis, a life in chaos... Nothing is more powerful than a mother's love.
- Rena Owen — Beth Heke
- Temuera Morrison — Jake Heke
- Mamaengaroa Kerr-Bell — Grace Heke
- Julian Arahanga — Nig Heke
- Taungaroa Emile — Boogie Heke
- Rachael Morris Jr. — Polly Heke
- Joseph Kairau — Huata Heke
- Cliff Curtis — Bully
- Pete Smith — Dooley
- George Henare — Bennett
- Mere Boynton — Mavis
- Shannon Williams — Toot