One Magic Christmas
- Ginny: [to Cal] Don't get jelly on your jacket.
- Cal: Abbie got jelly on her jacket.
- Abbie: I did not, jelly face.
- Cal: One of these days, Abbie to the moon!
- Abbie: Gideon can make it so Dad's not dead anymore!
- Abbie: My brother's never going to believe this.
- Gideon: Can you keep a secret?
- Abbie: Yeah.
- Gideon: Well, uh. I'm an angel. A Christmas angel.
- Abbie: Oh, no you're not. Because my dad told me you can't see angels. They're invisible.
- Gideon: Well, they're invisible sometimes, but sometimes they have to show up.
- Abbie: So, what's your name then.
- Gideon: Gideon.
- Abbie: Gideon? Was you a good person that died?
- Gideon: Good person? Well, I was a cow hand... out, out west. And one Christmas, a long, long time ago, I was riding along the Snake River, and I heard this little... kid, uh, yelling to somebody, and uh, so I jumped into the river to save him. Well, I saved him. All right, but I got myself drowned. Because I didn't know how to swim. And um, after that they, they made me a Christmas angel.
- Abbie: What do Christmas angels do?
- Gideon: Well, my job is to, every Christmas, have to help one person, that's feeling down, to get into Christmas spirit.
- Abbie: One person?
- Gideon: Yeah.
- Abbie: Could it be my mom? Could you make my mom like Christmas better, Gideon?
- Gideon: Yeah. I think so, if you'll help me.
- Abbie: Okay.