- Nancy: I never bothered you. You want to kill me. I devoted my life to you. To movies, to music, to theatre. I'm 17 years old. I like sex. I like to turn people on. And that's what the theatre is: sex. It's like getting laid.
- Myrtle: Um, what did you do to her?
- Maurice: I have a small part. It's unsympathetic. The audience doesn't like me. I can't afford to be in love with you.
- Maurice: I thought that small talk was too small, I thought big talk was too pretentious, I thought music was noise, and I thought art was bullshit.
- Sarah: Just please tell me what this play doesn't express.
- Myrtle: Hope.