Pacific Rim (film)
Pacific Rim is a 2013 American science fiction monster film starring Charlie Hunnam, Idris Elba, Rinko Kikuchi, Charlie Day, Robert Kazinsky, Max Martini, and Ron Perlman.
As a war between humankind and monstrous sea creatures wages on, a former pilot and a trainee are paired up to drive a seemingly obsolete special weapon in a desperate effort to save the world from the apocalypse.
- Years before, you wouldn't have picked my brother Yancy and I for heroes. No chance. We were never star athletes, never at the head of the class, but we could hold our own in a fight. And it turned out we had a unique skill, we were drift compatible. [we see the two brothers being suited up and then boarding onto their Jaeger]
- There are things you can't fight - acts of God. You see a hurricane coming, you get out of the way. But when you're in a Jaeger, suddenly you can finally fight the hurricane. You can win.
- Haven't you heard, Mr. Beckett? The world is coming to an end. Where would you rather die? Here, or in a Jaeger?
- One, don't you ever touch me again. Two, don't you ever touch me again.
- Today. Today…at the edge of our hope, at the end of our time, we have chosen not only to believe in ourselves, but in each other. Today there is not a man nor woman in here that shall stand alone. Not today. Today we face the monsters that are at our door, and bring the fight to them. Today, we are canceling the apocalypse!
- Mako! You can finish this! I'll always be there for you! You can always find me in the drift!
- I imagined him differently.
- It's not obedience, Mr. Becket. It's respect.
- For my family.
- Sensei, aishitemasu.
- Come on, Gipsy! Kick his ass!
- Well, my father always said, if you have a shot, you take it. So let’s do this.
- We can either sit here and wait or take these flare guns and do something really stupid.
Dr. Newton Geiszler
- Fortune favors the brave, dude.
- 2,500 tons of awesome.
- Their sole purpose was to aim for the most populated areas and take out the vermin, us.
Dr. Hermann Gottlieb
- I have asked you not to refer to me by my first name in front of others. I have more than 10 years...
- (to Raleigh) Don't get cocky, kid.
- Where is my GODDAMN shoe?
- [Raleigh noticing Geiszler's tattoo's on his arms]
- Raleigh Becket: What is that, Yamarashi? [pointing to the tattoo on his arm]
- Dr. Newton Geiszler: This little Kaiju? Yeah, you got a good eye,
- Raleigh Becket: My brother and I took him down in 2017.
- Dr. Newton Geiszler: You know he was one of the biggest Category 2's ever? He was two thousand five hundred tons of awesome. [there's a moment's pause as Raleigh gives him a cold look] Or awful, you know, whatever you wanna call it.
- Gottlieb: Please, excuse him. He's a Kaiju groupie, he loves them.
- Dr. Newton Geiszler: Shut up, Hermann. I don't love them, okay? I study them. And unlike most people, I wanna see one live and up close one day.
- Raleigh Becket: Trust me, you don't want to.
- Raleigh Becket: Wait. I think we took this guy out. But just to be safe, we better check for a pulse.
- [to Mako after shooting the monster several times]
- Raleigh Becket: No pulse.
- [Gottlieb rushes in while the Gipsy Danger is going through its inaugural trial run]
- Dr. Hermann Gottlieb: Marshal! Marshal! I need to talk to you.
- Stacker Pentecost: [Dismissively] Not now Mr. Gottlieb. I'm sure you can appreciate how important this moment is to me.
- Dr. Hermann Gottlieb: Newton created a neural bridge from garbage and drifted with a Kaiju!
- [Newt enters Hannibal Chau's secret lab, where workers are busy dissecting and examining kaiju body parts. He is astonished by the amount of kaiju parts in perfect condition]
- Dr. Newton Geiszler: Is that a cuticle? In mint condition? Is that a kaiju skin parasite? I've never seen one alive before. I thought it was impossible to keep them alive.
- Hannibal Chau: You can, if you soak them in ammonia.
- [Newt turns around and sees Hannibal approach him]
- Hannibal Chau: Who sent you here?
- Dr. Newton Geiszler: I'm afraid that's classified.
- Hannibal Chau: [Hannibal pulls his golden balisong and sticks the tip up Newt's right nostril] Now, who sent you here?
- Dr. Newton Geiszler: Okay, okay! Stacker Pentecost sent me here!
- [Hannibal pulls balisong off Newt's nostril]
- Dr. Newton Geiszler: You're Hannibal Chau?
- Hannibal Chau: I got the name from my favorite historical figure and my second-favorite Szechuan restaurant in Brooklyn.
- Tendo Choi: Good morning, Becket boys!
- Raleigh Becket: Tendo, what's happenin', my man?
- Yancy Becket: How did that date with Alison go last night, Mr. Choi?
- Tendo Choi:[we see Tendo in the control room as he talks to the brothers] Oh, she loved me. Her boyfriend, not so much.
- Raleigh Becket: You're gonna get your ass kicked.
- Tendo Choi: [Tendo chuckles] A man's gotta do what a man's gotta do, brother.
- [at that moment, their commanding officer, Pentecost comes up behind Tendo]
- Stacker Pentecost: Ready to drop, Mr. Choi?
- Tendo Choi: Ready to drop, sir. Jaeger Conn Pod getting ready to drop.
- [the Jaeger pod is placed in position ready for the drop]
- Yancy Becket: Ready for the big drop.
- Raleigh Becket: Ready to go.
- American UN Representative: The Kaiju are learning our defenses. They're adapting, evolving. We're losing Jaeger's faster than we can build them. Lima. Seattle. Vladivostok. Category 4 Kaiju's are now coming through the breach. I think that you can see, Marshall, this is no longer a sound strategy. The frequency of the attacks has increased. The Jaeger's are not the most viable line of defense anymore.
- Stacker Pentecost: I am aware. Those are my ranger that die every time a Jaeger falls, which is why I'm asking you for one last chance...
- British UN Representative: Excuse me, Marshall. Excuse me!
- Stacker Pentecost: One final score with everything that we've got.
- British UN Representative: Excuse me! The Jaeger program is dead, Marshall. On the other hand the coastal wall program is a promising option.
- American UN Representative: The world appreciates all that you and your men have done, but it's over. We will authorize you to take all remaining Jaegers to the last battle station in Hong Kong. We're prepared to fund you for the next eight months while the coastal wall is completed. After that, you will receive no further support.
- Canadian UN Representative: You have our answer, Marshall.
- [the TV monitors go black as the meeting ends]
- Tendo Choi: So that's it? It's over?
- Herc Hansen: Suits and ties and flashing smiles. That's all they are, Stacker.
- Stacker Pentecost: We don't need them.