Michael Edward Palin (born 5 May 1943 in Sheffield, Yorkshire, England) is an English comedian, actor and television presenter best known for being one of the members of the comedy group Monty Python, as well as for his travel documentaries.
- The use of the word 'just' by an Australian means that whatever it is you have to do, it will not be easy, as in 'Just pull that sword out of the stone' or 'Just split that atom'.
- There are many ways of seeing the world. You can hang upside down from a meteor, volunteer to be the fourth stage of a three-stage rocket, or simply get in a balloon and keep going. But if it's sheer, unadulterated discomfort you're looking for, just stay on land.
- I wish them a long and happy life. If it's as long as their wedding, I'm sure they'll be fine.
- Pole to Pole (1992)
- One of the difficult things of so much travelling is to say goodbye.
- Sahara with Michael Palin (2002)
(with Terry Jones)
- TOMKINSON: What are these?
- MOTHER: Shoe trees, dear... (Tomkinson's Schooldays)
- It's not a model if it's full-size. It's a ice-breaker! (as above)
- I've got a false lip. (Murder on Moorstones Manor)