(Redirected from Palme, Olof)
Olof Palme (January 30, 1927 – February 28, 1986) was a Swedish Social Democratic politician. He was Prime Minister from 1969 to 1976 and from 1982 until his assassination in 1986.
|This political figure or monarch article is a stub. You can help Wikiquote by expanding it.|
- For us, democracy is a question of human dignity. This includes the political liberties, the right to freely express our views, the right to criticize and to influence opinion. It embraces the right to health and work, to education and social security.
- In: Nancy I. Lieber, Institute for Democratic Socialism (U.S.) (1982) Eurosocialism and America: political economy for the 1980s. p. 222
- Apartheid cannot be reformed. It has to be eliminated.
- Olof Palme, February 21, 1986: Quoted in: Roberta Seret (2011) World Affairs in Foreign Films: Getting the Global Picture, p. 122
- Human beings will find a balanced situation when they do good things not because God says it, but because they feel like doing them.
- Quoted in: V. Thomas (2009) The God Dilemma: To Believe Or Not to Believe,