(Redirected from Park Jae-sang)
Park Jae-sang (born December 31, 1977), better known by his stage name Psy (stylized PSY), is a South Korean singer, songwriter, rapper, dancer, and record producer. Psy is best known for for his hit single "Gangnam Style."
- Oppan Gangnam Style
Op op op op oppan Gangnam Style
- Song "Gangnam Style" (July 2012)
- The mindset of this dance is 'dress classy and dance cheesy'.
- On The Ellen Show, referring to "Gangnam Style", September 2012.
- I have twins. They are 4 years old. They know the word 'concert,' so they know father's job is 'concert,' and they prefer concert [over] father.
- On Air With Ryan Seacrest, September 10, 2012.
- I'm still walking down the street like, 'Why I'm here? Why I'm here?' You know, I've done this 12 years in Korea, and I'm rookie here now. I never expect I would become a K-pop star.
- I didn't speak any English when I arrived here [but] I was very good at drinking. [It was my] third day in the U.S., so I talked to the other students, 'Let's have a drink.' They said, 'How can you get the drinks? We are not allowed?' And I said, 'I can buy it in Chinatown.' So I bought it and we drank in my room and we get crazy all night long and they don't have enough tolerance for that, so they all starting throwing up. Suddenly there came four or five ambulances and they kept asking, 'Hey, why, did you do that?' My English was really horrible, so the only words I had were, 'Not me!
- I try to dress classy and dance cheesy.
- I don’t think this dance is suitable for weddings. This is not a formal dance, this is a cheesy dance! But still, I appreciate that.
- When told that “Gangnam Style” has become a popular wedding dance.
- Interview with The New York Times, 'His Style Is Gangnam, and Viral Too', October 2012.
- I’m drinking. It’s my biggest hobby.
- When asked "What do you do when you’re not performing?".
Quotes about Psy
- I'm a bit jealous. Until two days ago someone told me I am the most famous Korean in the world. Now I have to relinquish. I have no regrets.