Party Down (2009–2010) is an American sitcom, aired on Starz, about a catering team composed of usually-unsuccessful aspirants to Hollywood fame.
Willow Canyon Homeowners Annual Party [1.1]
- Ron: Do you know what you get when you hire a Party Down catering team? At Party Down we have a simple motto: it's your party, you deserve to enjoy it, but how are you going to enjoy the party if you're worried about whether the shrimp cocktail has been sitting out too long, or is there enough ice, or do the guests think the party is lame, or are they stealing stuff, or are they going through the medicine cabinet because they're nosy or because they think they might find something that'll give them a rocking buzz? I used to do that last thing. Not anymore. Clean and sober.
- Hostess: Um, wow, that—that—that's quite a motto...
- [Henry is forced to wear the larger Ron's shirt]
- Casey: Ah, you're going for your own look.
- Henry: Yeah—
- Casey: It's nice.
- Henry: —Yeah, I thought I'd go for the "helpful gay pirate" kind of thing.
- Casey: [mock consolingly] You don't look helpful.
- Ron: Actually, I learned this at the sensitivity seminar, that we do not use that word, okay? I mean, I'm not, but we don't know who may be...
- Casey: A pirate?
- Henry: Helpful?
California College Conservative Union Caucus [1.2]
- [Constance has overheard a party guest make an un-PC joke]
- Kyle: Fucking intolerance blows! [Constance prepares to spit] Woah, what are we doing here?
- Constance: I am going to spit on all the appetizers because I can't remember which ones he was eating.
- Kyle: No, you know what: there's other things we can do than spitting.
- Constance: Like what? [disappointed] I love spitting.
- [Henry has quit acting]
- Party guest: One last thing: nobody ever accomplished anything by quitting. You know, what if Ronald Reagan quit?
- Casey: Quit acting? He did.
- Henry: Yeah, that's actually where I got the idea.
Pepper McMasters Singles Seminar [1.3]
- Bruce: Henry, what is the craziest place that you ever made love?
- Constance: Yeah.
- Henry: ...A bed.
- Constance: What did he say?
- Bruce: Wow.
- Constance: What did he say?
- Bruce: "A bed."
- Constance: What did we ask him?
- Bruce: I don't know.
- Constance: That's a leg?
- Ron: Made footless! By pot.
Taylor Stiltskin Sweet Sixteen [1.6]
- Ron: Today this boat isn't just a boat. It's a fairy tale fantasy land where every boy's a playa and every girl's a bitch.
James Ellison Funeral [2.4]
- Vanna: I'm a terrible liar.
- Henry: It's not lying, it's... acting. Look, I was an actor; it's easy. You just use the true bits and you fake the fake bits.
- Vanna: And... that's acting?
- Henry: Most actors aren't bright, so it has to be simple.
- Lydia: Death is not the end, I can tell you that one for sure. When my friend Peg's fiancée got shot, he haunted her apartment.
- Kyle: Woah, he got shot?
- Lydia: Hunting accident. Yeah. Randy had this t-shirt with a big eagle on it, and he came through the bushes, and Peg just... [imitates shotgun firing]
- Ron: ...There's an eagle season?
- Lydia: Duck. But, you know, you see wings, you just react. But let me tell you something: Randy haunted her plumbing until she had to move to a different unit. [shivers]