Percy Jackson & The Olympians: The Lightning Thief
Percy Jackson & The Olympians: The Lightning Thief (book) is a 2005 fantasy-adventure novel based on Greek mythology, the first young adult novel written by Rick Riordan. It is the first novel in the Percy Jackson & the Olympians series, which charts the adventures of modern-day twelve-year-old Percy Jackson as he discovers he is a demigod, the son of a mortal woman and the Greek god Poseidon. Percy and his friends go on a quest to prevent a war between the gods Zeus, Poseidon and Hades.
- I'm not usually an eavesdropper, but I dare you to try not listening if you hear your best friend talking about you to an adult. (2.26)
- Knowing too much of your future is never a good thing.
- Percy Jackson [to Grover]: Um... what are you, exactly?
- Grover Underwood: That doesn't matter right now.
- Percy : It doesn't matter? From the waist down, my best friend is a donkey--
- Grover : Blaa-ha-ha! Goat!
- Percy : What?
- Grover : I'm a goat from the waist down.
- Percy : You just said it didn't matter.
- Grover : Blaa-ha-ha! There are satyrs who would trample you underhoof for such an insult!